My first watch as a noob-Glashütte Panoinverse-thoughts?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My first watch as a noob-Glashütte Panoinverse-thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first watch as a noob-Glashütte Panoinverse-thoughts?

Hello,
    A few days ago i got my first watch - Glashütte Panoinverse XL 2010 ref 6604040205(this ref was made 2010-2013)
    I bought it from a reputable dealer in person, all original parts including nubuk crocodile strap, in mint condition, bezel polished once i think.
    With box and papers, i paid 6500 usd for it.
    Now, im a complete noob, and would like to hear your thoughts about what kind of problems i might run in etc. If this is considered a decent purchase. But this is this one watch, that everybody should buy that one for pleasure. Even if it ends up costing me some.
    First thing i noticed is, i think i wore it while at my laptop and also had a flight with it, where i just put it on the tray through inspection. Now i measured it was ticking 15 seconds ahead per day, so i guess its magnetized. Lesson learned.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, grateful to learn.

Name:  20191015_175523.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  2.54 MB
    Sasropakis and mpalmer like this.

Re: My first watch as a noob-Glashütte Panoinverse-thoughts?

Great looking watch. Congratulations! Was your watch running normally before you suspected it was magnetized? Usually I've heard that if a watch gets magnetized it can run someting like a couple of minutes too fast per day. And do you know if the movement was serviced when the bezel was polished? If not it might be time do have it serviced as usually the recommended service interval is usually something like 5-7 years.

Edit: I just checked GO:s site and they actually recommend that the watch should be serviced every 3 to 5 years. https://www.glashuette-original.com/service/revisions
    Last edited by Sasropakis; October 21st, 2019 at 22:22.

That's a nice, fun watch. I don't think 15 seconds a day is terrible, but if it's troublesome to you, maybe have it regulated by a watchmaker. My non-inverse panoreserve is about +8 spd.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If it's magnetized, take it to any local watch repair place. Demagnetizing doesn't entail opening the case (I use an inexpensive demagnetizer that I bought from ebay for about $18).

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

+15 per day could just mean it needs service/regulation--that would be out of spec for COSC or anything close to it, but not out of spec for many non-COSC movements. First rule of pre-owned watches is try to find out its service history. If you can't, and the dealer doesn't know, I would march back to the dealer and get them to put it on a Timegrapher, see if the results indicate a problem, and if so, tell them you think they should rectify. I agree with previous posters, if it were badly magnetized it would be off by quite a bit more than 15 seconds/day.

Cool piece, by the way...

Strange choice for a first watch (not that that's bad)...

-- It's very expensive for someone not "into" watches much yet
    -- It's an unusual design, and one that noobs might like initially but might not last (many many many new folks on here love skeletons at first, but then find they eventually fall out of favor... this could be similar)

Still, as someone who owns a Panomatic Lunar, I can't argue against a nice GO! That price isn't bad... though anytime I buy used I either need to have proof of a recent service the seller will stand behind, or I assume I'll have to have it serviced.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Quote Originally Posted by Sasropakis View Post
    Great looking watch. Congratulations! Was your watch running normally before you suspected it was magnetized? Usually I've heard that if a watch gets magnetized it can run someting like a couple of minutes too fast per day. And do you know if the movement was serviced when the bezel was polished?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    +15 per day could just mean it needs service/regulation--that would be out of spec for COSC or anything close to it, but not out of spec for many non-COSC movements. First rule of pre-owned watches is try to find out its service history. If you can't, and the dealer doesn't know, I would march back to the dealer and get them to put it on a Timegrapher, see if the results indicate a problem, and if so, tell them you think they should rectify. I agree with previous posters, if it were badly magnetized it would be off by quite a bit more than 15 seconds/day.
    Cool piece, by the way...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    Strange choice for a first watch (not that that's bad)...

-- It's very expensive for someone not "into" watches much yet
    -- It's an unusual design, and one that noobs might like initially but might not last (many many many new folks on here love skeletons at first, but then find they eventually fall out of favor... this could be similar)

Still, as someone who owns a Panomatic Lunar, I can't argue against a nice GO! That price isn't bad... though anytime I buy used I either need to have proof of a recent service the seller will stand behind, or I assume I'll have to have it serviced.
    Thank you for the answers, when i asked the service history beforehand, they told me they dont have history.
    The dealer is Meertz aka worldoftime.de/en
    Any kind of investigation showed me that they seem legit and also they have many rare high-end pieces on sale.
    I did not measure time before as ive had this watch for a week and flew back home, where i measured +15 secs and also i use a magnet-meter app from Playstore, which shows a value of 40 in the room, but when i put the watch close to my phone, it shows a value of 45. I have no idea if this proves a thing?

Now this all brings me to my question, how do i find a good servicer for this watch? Should i send it to the Glashütte official store and obviously pay more (i dont even know how much more) or where do i find a list of reputable servicers who will take care of the piece for a fair price?
    Thank you for the help.

Here's the GO service price list: https://www.glashuette-original.com/...19_%25_VAT.pdf
    If I'm correct your watch would be Level 4 (movement 66-06) so the cost for full service would be €730 (the more complicated movement the more it costs to service). I would send it to GO because regular watchmakers might not be able to work on the movement or to get the necessary parts. But of course you can show it to a local watchmaker to see if it's really magnetized (and then he can demagnetize it) and also to see with a timegraph if there are some problems with the movement accuracy.

As the owner of a GO PanoMaticLunar, I wear it and work on a laptop from time to time. No issue at all. In your case, guess it is time to have a full service. I would send it to the GO service center.

I would definitely send it to GO for servicing.

Nice watch by the way! Ive had a couple of the panoinverse watches and they are striking and unique. Enjoy!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information