My new Breguet, purchased five years after wanting and three years too early
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: My new Breguet, purchased five years after wanting and three years too early

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My new Breguet, purchased five years after wanting and three years too early

Ever since having an amazingly great experience at the Breguet boutique in NYC five years ago, I decided the one day I'd purchase a Breguet Classique.
    A friend and I were discussing watch goals for our next decade birthday, and I thought that Breguet would be suitable for my 40th.
    Every week or so I'd look at watchrecon or chrono24 and type in "Breguet Classique" to see what the 5140 was fetching because it's one of their more classic
    designs with the guilloche dial larger than 38mm. I checked into chrono and saw this pop up at a steal of a price, BNIB, and was floored.
    I have a Piaget Altiplano 43mm, and 40 is about as small as I like to go since I have a 7 3/4" wrist, so when I saw a 41mm model
    I never knew existed pop up, I had to buy it. After speaking with the seller on Sunday, I sent immediate payment and received the watch
    on Tuesday. I'm in love. I turn 40 in July of 2023, so I guess it's time to consider what's next.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  811.8 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  823.0 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  939.0 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  999.8 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  1.16 MBName:  6.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  1.18 MBName:  7.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  1.09 MB

Re: My new Breguet, purchased five years after wanting and three years too early

Congratulations! Fantastic watch, beautiful dial, and the fairly big size fits you well!
    Enjoy it, and DO NOT think about another watch for now. Just enjoy wearing and try not to anticipate a future purchase, even if it's a few years down the road, it might diminish your appreciation for what's currently on your wrist.
    Want_Bourbon likes this.

Re: My new Breguet, purchased five years after wanting and three years too early

Thank you! Yeah, I haven't thought about what's next, and I really like there being an impulse aspect to it. I've got a separate account I squirrel money into each paycheck so I'll see what's out there when the time comes, but for now I'm as satisfied as I'll ever be.
    Pun likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations!

Amazing guilloche--the amount of skill that went into that boggles the mind
    Pun, Want_Bourbon and Amigos like this.
    HAVE WANT GRAIL
    -Citizen Skyhawk A-T -Panerai Radiomir 1144 -Breguet 7147 (Enamel/Rose Gold)
    -Orient Sun & Moon v3 -Sinn 356 Sa Pilot II
    -Red Star One Hander -Rado Captain Cook (Green)
    -Casio G-Shock DW-6900-1V
    -Archimede Pilot Type B (Bronze)
    -Seagull M172S (Resurrected)

A beauty, congratulations on that one!!!
    mpalmer and Want_Bourbon like this.
    ALS * anOrdain * AP * Beaubleu * BP * Cartier * DD&S * Direnzo * Fears * Hentschel * Invicta * IWC * JLC * Marnaut * Pancor * Rolex * Revolution * Stowa * Tiffany * Timor

"The deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Beauty, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Want_Bourbon likes this.

Grail-worthy piece right there. Savor the honeymoon phase with it. =D
    Want_Bourbon and mpalmer like this.
    I'm a dirty flipper:
    My favorite part of this hobby is the journey of experiencing multiple different watches as I flip my way through the horological universe. I'm constantly rotating through pieces, few of which become "keepers" but all of which I'm glad to have owned for a while. I find some things to appreciate about each watch I wear; they each teach me more about my preferences and tastes... >>>
    https://www.instagram.com/chrono.anachronist/

Pun

It deserves all praise it gets here. A very intricate dial hand work. A classic watch to pass on to your next generation. A beauty without date!
    Viseguy, mpalmer and Want_Bourbon like this.

Love the classique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want_Bourbon likes this.

Big congrats on a superb piece! Real engine turned guilloche dials are absolutely stunning in the metal (at least to my eye). When I have had a chance to view high end dress watches like Patek, Lange, VC, and others in the same location and same time, it has been Breguet offerings that have impressed me the most (certainly from the dial side, as well as overall when weighing everything up).
    Last edited by mpalmer; December 23rd, 2019 at 15:55.
    Amigos, Want_Bourbon and KtWUS like this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information