Need advice on new AP RO self wind!

Thread: Need advice on new AP RO self wind!

Need advice on new AP RO self wind!

I just purchased a brand new AP lady RO self winding calibre 2140 two days ago, and it has been acting strangely. It was working ok for the first 20ish hours, but it stopped moving at about the time I took off the watch. I only noticed it the next morning, and despite wearing it on my wrist for a full day thereafter, it was still not moving. I tried winding it but it didn't seem to make any difference. Frustrated, I gave the watch a harder shake and I felt some kind of vibration and that's when it started working again. I put it on for an hour or so (without much movement during this time) and when I took it off, it seemed to have stopped again! Then I tried shaking it a bit and it resumes working. This is my first self winding automatic watch but the behavior of the watch doesn't seem normal to me. Has anyone had similar experience? What could be the problem here and what can I do? I really appreciate some advice here, thanks!!

Re: Need advice on new AP RO self wind!

Scenario 1: The watch is completely unwound so it's running out of power. And you should be winding using the crown - most auto watches require about 30 turns to fully wind. The vibration you feeling when you shake is the rotor turning inside the watch.

Most auto these days have 40odd hours of power reserve so it shouldn't be running out of power in 20 hours. All I can assume is that you are not winding the watch as much as it needs to run for more than a day.

Scenario 2: It's been sitting in the shop for too long and needs servicing.

If you bought brand new, should've come with the manual. I suggest you read that also.
    AP ROO Montauk Highway 26187ST.OO.D801CR.01
    G-Shock Sky Cockpit GW-3000M-4AER

Thks systemcrasher. My watch stopped moving on my wrist again even though I had it on the whole day, and I am not able to revive it even after I tried winding. The watch looks to be working fine when it was displayed in the shop where I bought it, and the sales associate told me that they wind their watches every morning and check that they are all working fine at midday. I am starting to think that I have a really unfortunate case of bad luck with my first AP and this is extremely dissapointing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What happened after all this time? Did it completely stop working or did you had it serviced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpaige View Post
    Thks systemcrasher. My watch stopped moving on my wrist again even though I had it on the whole day, and I am not able to revive it even after I tried winding. The watch looks to be working fine when it was displayed in the shop where I bought it, and the sales associate told me that they wind their watches every morning and check that they are all working fine at midday. I am starting to think that I have a really unfortunate case of bad luck with my first AP and this is extremely dissapointing.

Doubt we'll find out with only two posts in 5 years...
    Last edited by saintsman; May 23rd, 2018 at 21:29. Reason: Didn't realise the thread was so old
    Omega SMP 300 Chrono
    Omega 8500 Aqua Terra
    Omega 2500 Orange PO
    Vintage Omega Geneve
    Chopard GT XL
    Bell & Ross BR03-92 Ceramic

Quote Originally Posted by saintsman View Post
    Doubt we'll find out with only two posts in 5 years...
    Who knows, you've repliyed.

Thread Information