Need help deciding which A.Lange and Sohn to buy
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nachapon
  • 2 Post By seansong93

Thread: Need help deciding which A.Lange and Sohn to buy

Need help deciding which A.Lange and Sohn to buy

Hello and nice to meet all of you here. I have been a long time lurker in this forum and now decide to create an account and start it off with this topic.

English is not my first language so i do apologize if there are errors and inconsistancy in my writing.

I am looking forward to purchase A.Lange Lange 1 moonphase and have been to my local AD for a number of times to try it on my wrsit. They look fantastic on my 6.5 inch wrist and my preference right now is the white gold with black dial.

I would like to ask for opinion regarding Lange 1 practicality as an everyday watch. Currently i only had Audemars 15202 extra thin for office day and special events and Seiko for when i do hands on activities.

This Lange 1 moonohase will be something i would like to wear daily or on casual gathering or on a rotation with my AP.

So for more casual and everyday wear, do you think lange 1 moonphase black dial can pull it off or should i go with pink gold/white dial for more casual vibe. I also have a feeling that with dark dial of lange 1 white gold, it would give off the same vibe as dark blue dial from my AP.

Thank you for reading and nice to neet you all again 🙂
    Actium likes this.

Re: Need help deciding which A.Lange and Sohn to buy

Hey Nachapon, welcome to the forum. I'm definitely not an expert on Lange, but from you description, the Lange 1 in white gold and a black face would be the watch that can be easily dressed up or down. The Lange 1 is an entirely different watch than the AP and from my novice opinion I don't think they would give off the same vibe. Entirely up to you of course.

Personally, I prefer the look of the pink gold and the white dial. I don't think there's a wrong choice here, though!
    HAVE WANT GRAIL
    -Citizen Skyhawk A-T -Panerai Radiomir 1144 -Breguet 7147 (Enamel/Rose Gold)
    -Orient Sun & Moon v3 -Sinn 356 Sa Pilot II
    -Red Star One Hander -Rado Captain Cook (Green)
    -Casio G-Shock DW-6900-1V
    -Archimede Pilot Type B (Bronze)
    -Seagull M172S (Resurrected)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The moonphase on the white gold / black dial is one of my favorite things in the entire universe of watchstuff.

No brainer to go with it.

(coming from a guy with a pink gold 1815 annual calendar)
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

I had a Lange 1 for about a year with the black face in platinum (the "Darth") and I had a hard time dressing it down. I am usually in a business casual/tropical climate style of dress, and I found it to be a difficult watch to wear. I rarely wear black, and the black strap just made it look too dressy. For me I think the white face/gold case would have been a better choice, as it looks less formal, and a tad bigger due to the lighter face.
    IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese 7-Day Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130 World Time, Rolex Milgauss, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph, Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

I'd go for a lighter dial for everyday wear. The new anniversary pieces with blue accents would be perfect.

Not my pic, credit to Forversta on PuristPro

Actium and brandonskinner like this.

Thread Information