New FP Journe Resonance?

Thread: New FP Journe Resonance?

New FP Journe Resonance?

Anyone know what the deal is with the new version launching in March? I was told about it by the boutique in NYC but they don't have details yet. Someone on another forum said it will be pricier than the current model.

Also any idea what will happen to used prices of the current Resonance? I was about to pull the trigger on one but if used prices will go down due to the new version in March, then I'll just wait a little. Thoughts?

Re: New FP Journe Resonance?

I don't have details on the new Resonance. I wouldn't expect prices to go down on the current Resonance when the new one comes out. If anything, they might actually go up slightly (in terms of a decreased ability to negotiate a discount with an AD) as they will become "collectible" once discontinued and there is usually a final burst of interest in FPJ pieces right before they are sunset. Because FPJ don't manufacture many watches, it will take some time for the new model to work its way into AD inventory, so they won't be as eager to move the "new old stock" model as they would with larger volume producers.

My vote would probably be to go for the "final edition" Resonance if you like it and can still get one. It is more likely to become collectible and retain it's value in the near term and appreciate in the long term, if that's of any importance to you.

The Resonances in general have skyrocketed in price in just the last 2 months after an early, pre souscription brass model sold for 250,000 USD. I think this sort of confirmed Journe as a solid brand with value and all of the Resonances have followed and ticked up in price. There used to be at least a dozen on Chrono, and most have been snapped up.

The new 2020 Resonance is probably the watch release I am looking forward to the most.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Resonances in general have skyrocketed in price in just the last 2 months after an early, pre souscription brass model sold for 250,000 USD. I think this sort of confirmed Journe as a solid brand with value and all of the Resonances have followed and ticked up in price. There used to be at least a dozen on Chrono, and most have been snapped up.

The new 2020 Resonance is probably the watch release I am looking forward to the most.

Bump! Looks like it's delayed due to COVID19 forcing boutiques to shut down :\

Thread Information