Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Genta/AP-RO imitator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Genta/AP-RO imitator

Name:  BR05-auto-blue-metal-585x1050.png
Views: 133
Size:  310.9 KB

https://www.bellross.com/mods/BR-05-...ION/#section_1

I like it for what it is. It reminds me more of a GP Laureato (Which I am becoming more and more a fan of) than a RO and the design is definitely a Nautilus imitator. I said RO in the title since that was the original. I appreciate an option for people that like the design but don't have 60K+ for a used Nautilus.

Re: New Genta/AP-RO imitator

Quote Originally Posted by R_rated View Post
    It reminds me more of a GP Laureato (Which I am becoming more and more a fan of) than a RO and the design is definitely a Nautilus imitator.
    I don’t see the Laureato in it at all, except for the bracelet, which is a derivation of the Nautilus bracelet, so I'd hark back to that. However, I guess we all emphasis different things when we look at watches.

To me the bracelet is definitely Nautilus inspired, the case/bezel construction Royal Oak, and the dial distinctly Panerai-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    I don’t see the Laureato in it at all, except for the bracelet, which is a derivation of the Nautilus bracelet, so I'd hark back to that. However, I guess we all emphasis different things when we look at watches.

To me the bracelet is definitely Nautilus inspired, the case/bezel construction Royal Oak, and the dial distinctly Panerai-esque.
    The Laureato Bracelet precedes the Nautilus bracelet:)

In order of origin: Royal Oak > Laureato > Nautilus > Overseas (you have to count this when mentioning the other 2 because the holy trinity even though its not a Genta design)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

New Genta/AP-RO imitator

Quote Originally Posted by R_rated View Post
    The Laureato Bracelet precedes the Nautilus bracelet:)
    Actually, it doesn’t. The original bracelet looked nothing like it does today, so the Nautilus had it first, and GP slowly "borrowed" the design over the years.

Photo credit: @Crown Comfort on WatchProSite. Five generations, from left to right.

alessandro132 likes this.

The case screws are also a core part of B&R's design language, as is the general package. It's still very much reminiscent of a cockpit instrument. It's not a bad looking watch at all, but I don't like the style. There's a LOT of extraneous metal making up that "instrumentation" design...I'd be a lot happier with it if the bezel was reduced by 80%, as long as it's gonna still be embedded in the square case. 40 mm square is one BIG watch.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Its odd to see a company known for certain design language go sideways like that. I prefer the core B&R designs.

I'm torn between happy to see a company try new directions and sad to see what is being universally called at minimum borrowed concepts.

Banned

Yuck

There are a lot of watch manufacturers that forget the primary purpose of a watch is to tell the time.

The last thing that I want is to have to study the face and work out what time it is. For me, you should be able to glance at the watch to see what it is. Therefore I really like the clear and simple face of that B&R.
    Omega SMP 300 Chrono
    Omega 8500 Aqua Terra
    Omega 2500 Orange PO
    Vintage Omega Geneve
    Chopard GT XL
    Bell & Ross BR03-92 Ceramic

I think they will sell a ton of these. Perhaps this will sate the demand for the real thing and force AP and RO to actually produce the watches. I think they have a hit on their hands.
    Current watch collection:

Rolex GMT II 116710LN

Quote Originally Posted by Dapuma View Post
    I think they will sell a ton of these. Perhaps this will sate the demand for the real thing and force AP and RO to actually produce the watches. I think they have a hit on their hands.
    Unfortunately I think its just a different buyer/market. I also think that the stalemate with AP/PP is helping Vacheron move the overseas as the third in the holy trinity. I actually believe it to be a better watch too... although the looks; as always, are subjective. The bracelet is far superior and the fact that you get a bracelet, 2 straps and a Geneve seal on the movement and case is a lot of objective value that you don't get in the PP/AP.
    orbitalheel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information