New Vacheron Overseas
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New Vacheron Overseas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Vacheron Overseas

Hi all - I just purchased a new Vacheron Constantin Third-Generation Overseas, 4500V, blue dial, less than two weeks ago. I absolutely love the watch so far, especially the quick strap change option which I'm using a lot more than I expected. Yesterday, I unwisely examined the watch extremely up close under very harsh lighting (not with magnification, but very close) and found a slight imperfection on the second hand - not sure if it's a piece of dust or a micro-scratch or what. It's not noticeable under normal use conditions - it's one of those things you have to see under the right angle under the right light, if you're looking for it (though kicking myself for looking in the first place). Wanted to get an opinion on whether to take it to the VC boutique to get it fixed now, or whether to live with it until service. My concern with getting it fixed now is introducing a bigger issue, like dust on the dial, smudge on the crystal, scratches on the case, etc. - or with a brand like VC, would that be less likely to happen? TLDR: Very minor imperfection on second hand not noticeable unless you are looking for it; fix now or wait until service? Thanks!
    Nikrnic likes this.

Re: New Vacheron Overseas

Wait.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

You’ve just spent $18-20K on a luxury item, that’s not as perfect as it should be. Read that again, and let it sink in a for little bit…
    Now, what do you think is the correct thing to do in such a situation?
    Last edited by PJ S; October 27th, 2019 at 12:32.
    trf2271, Alysandir and Sean Pizzle like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I’m obviously not happy about it! But my concern is that in trying to solve for a very small problem, I may get back a bigger issue. I’ve had watches serviced by Richemont (albeit less expensive) come back with dust, scratches etc so trying to balance the cost / benefit of it all now. In an ideal world I wouldn’t have noticed it and/or I’d get it fixed but nervous about the implications of opening up the watch. Anyone have experience with VC service?
    Nikrnic likes this.

Unless its an blatant aesthetic issue, or a performance issue,best to let sleeping dogs lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with PJ S, you paid a lot for that watch, and with that amount of money I believe you deserve to be treated with a better watch and service. If the watch does come back with more problem, you deserve to to return the watch or know how they can help you with it. You paid a lot, and if service is bad then don't bother with the company.

i'd demand an exchange. there is no excuse for that. not a repair. it should have been flawless.

Its hand made.

But you have all the right if it doesn't meet your expectations from a brand like VC.

I personally wouldn't do anything about it, but you have all the rights to do so specially if you got it directly from VC.
    In order I have obtained
    > Seiko Chronograph SNA013P The Great Blue l Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Rosso Corsa l Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue Monte Carlo
    Seiko 5 SNXF01K1 Silver Fox l Seiko 5 - SNKP21J1 Middle East Edition l Longines Heritage 180th Anniversary Chrono
    Omega - Speedmaster Pro Project Alaska l G-Shock - G-9000MX-8 Mudman l Seiko Prospex SRPB51J1 Samurai
    Grand Seiko SBGJ227 Peacock l G-Shock GMWB5000GD-9

My Reviews: Eulit Perlon Strap / Tudor Rubber Strap - Vanguard

Whilst I wouldn't be too happy, I might tempted to wait the few years until the service comes round. But maybe I'd go back to the AD first and see if they will give me some money back or an additional strap to keep me happy.
    Omega SMP 300 Chrono
    Omega 8500 Aqua Terra
    Omega 2500 Orange PO
    Vintage Omega Geneve
    Chopard GT XL
    Bell & Ross BR03-92 Ceramic

you paid 20K for a new watch - not a repaired watch. Exchange it.
    TK-421 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information