Not sure what to add to the collection

Thread: Not sure what to add to the collection

Not sure what to add to the collection

After deciding to be a one watch box collector a few years ago, I have almost filled my box with only one spot left. The collection definitely looks different than what I would have expected when I started collecting. Iím quite happy with the pieces Iíve gathered and donít see myself moving on from any piece in the foreseeable future, other than my beater watch the Ball Hydrocarbon.

Iím struggling to decide what type of watch to add next. I donít have many opportunities to wear a dress watch, so my collection has been focused more on stainless sports watches.

I was considering the Breguet Marine Chronograph in rose gold for quite some time, but Iím not sure itís something Iíd wear on a regular basis. So now Iím wondering if Iíd be better off saving for a bit longer and purchasing an A Lange Sohne Grand Lange 1. Which got me thinking if a Glashutte Original Panomatic might make sense to see if itís something Iíd wear very often, as would give me the satisfaction of filling my box quicker. Other options Iíve consider is the new Cartier Santos with a blue dial, but I donít like how easily the bezel scratches and feel like the watch loses much if itís appeal with the wear. Iíve also considered a Girard Perregaux WW.TC with a panda dial. The world timer would be a different complication and the panda would be a unique look added to my collection as well.

Looking for different perspectives to help narrow my focus on what type of watch to consider. Not sure I missed something that would make my collection more well rounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Not sure what to add to the collection

Omega Aqua Terra?

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

I love.your Ball! Hydrocarbon?

You need a Grand Seiko. Or check out the new Prospex LX line. The sweep of that spring drive is where the Swiss attempted to arrive.
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Although some people claim that the finishing on Glashutte is similar to the finishing on the A Lange, I believe you are better off saving for an A Lange and getting the watch you really want. My coworker owned a Glashutte and it looked kinda wobbly and not well constructed as an A Lange.
    I suggest you add a holly trinity to your collection.

Current Collection
    Patek Philippe 5170G
    Patek Philippe 5146G
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150/B01A-9097
    Blancpain Villeret Quantieme Complete 6263A (20 years anniversary edition limited 300 pieces)
    Rolex Datejust 116234 JSRR
    Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR
    Baume & Mercier Clifton Annual Calendar Chronograph M0A10280
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.006

@azizu787

Inactive

I'm in a similar predicament. And, I've considered the same exact options plus a few chronos. I think I'm landing on saving for a Lange. I'd recommend the same! It's diverse add, an incredible piece and a good one to work for versus just acquiring something now GL!

I'm not sure what make to recommend, but I would recommend adding another chronograph to the collection. You have a great set of watches there, well done!

this is a winner.Name:  gp.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  206.4 KB

Thread Information