Patek Philippe Aquanaut vs Patek Philippe Nautilus

Poll: Patek Philippe Aquanaut vs Nautilus

Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Patek Philippe Aquanaut vs Patek Philippe Nautilus

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Patek Philippe Aquanaut vs Patek Philippe Nautilus

Hi guys,
    first of all I excuse myself for the question that I know has already been asked many times,
    but this is going to be my first high end watch and I don't want to get this purchase wrong as we are talking about a great expense.
    I am considering the Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167 on the Rubber strap and the Nautilus 5711 with blue dial on the stainless steel bracelet.
    Money is not an issue in my choice.
    I would like it to be suitable for almost everyday use (I think both are) but I really can't get my head round this dilemma.
    Thank you all very much for your help

Re: Patek Philippe Aquanaut vs Patek Philippe Nautilus

Try both on and choose the one that fits you best. An online poll won't help much in the matter. They are two different watches.

They're similar but still diverse. I agree with mvmt that you should try them on and see a. which one fits you the best, and b. which "sings" to you the most.

Also, I can't really make up my mind. Maybe Nautilus....no wait, Aquanaut...
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I dealt with more or less the exact "problem", ended up with both, but my 5167 is on bracelet.

To answer your question my choice would be the 5167 but on a bracelet, it doesn't have the bling of the Nautilus bracelet and I feel is much more versatile. Now if you are thinking about getting both the rubber and bracelet and switching them out, make sure you know how difficult it is to change, did it once and I will NEVER do it again, my AD sends then to Stern in NY since they don't have the "special tool". In the end I think the Aquanaut can be used in much more casual settings and almost as high up in formality as the Nautilus. The Nautilus is certainly a more "in demand" watch but if I HAD to give up one it would be the 5711.
    drhr likes this.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

No disrespect to Aquanaut owners but I far prefer the Nautilus, just a sublime piece of Genta design. Its worth also considering the 5712 or 5726, perhaps not as iconic as the 5711 but more options regarding metal, straps and complications. I found that the 5726 just fit me like a glove when I tried it.
    slcbbrown likes this.
    Rolex Daytona white dial (116520)

Try them both on. The Aquanaut is sportier, the Nautilus is dressier. I believe that the Aquanaut is also still available on a bracelet, which I think would definitely be worth getting for a more versatile wear...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

i have one of each.. 5712 and 5164… I like them both. They both fit well on my wrist.. so cannot really say one is better than the other. nice having two great choices

For me, the Nautilus - thinner, dressier and with those 'ears' giving it that unmistakable look. Add that mesmerizing blue dial and I don't even have to think twice.
    slcbbrown likes this.
    'I reach for my watch from the bedside table and consider the dial - its rectitude, its innocence - then I understand the position of the hands and that, yes, rush-hour traffic will already have begun.' - Deborah Eisenberg, The Flaw in the Design

Voted for nautilus. It's a great starter Patek and certainly very "patek". Maybe it's because i was able to try on a Nautilus but not an Aquanaut..
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

Without a doubt the Nautilus. I prefer the dial a lot more and it's nicer on the wrist in my opinion.
    Vacheron Constantin Patrimony 81180, Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400, Breguet Type XXI, Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN, Longines Heritage Conquest

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information