Patek Philippe Nautilus 3800/1a-001 TT - Price

Thread: Patek Philippe Nautilus 3800/1a-001 TT - Price

Cool Patek Philippe Nautilus 3800/1a-001 TT - Price

Hi!

So I'm all new to this forum and have a question that maybe one of you watch experts/enthusiasts out there can help me with. Ive come upon a Patek Philippe Nautilus watch at something I hope is a good price. The question is (since I don't have that much experience with the Patek watches) if this is a good price for this watch? I'll post the details of the watch below:

Patek Philippe Nautilus 3800/1a-001 Two tone
    18k Gold/stainless steel
    Bought in Norway from an authorized watch dealer when new in 1996
    Really good condition
    One owner all the time
    Last service 10 yrs ago
    Blue dial

Price: 16.120 EUR.

Help please :) Is this a good price for this watch? Can I consider it a good investment? Thanks!

Btw I love vintage watches.

Name:  data_48c952cc-7291-4b60-84f4-01f79bcb53d9_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  85.5 KB

Re: Patek Philippe Nautilus 3800/1a-001 TT - Price

Quote Originally Posted by Qelisabeth View Post
    Hi!

So I'm all new to this forum and have a question that maybe one of you watch experts/enthusiasts out there can help me with. Ive come upon a Patek Philippe Nautilus watch at something I hope is a good price. The question is (since I don't have that much experience with the Patek watches) if this is a good price for this watch? I'll post the details of the watch below:

Patek Philippe Nautilus 3800/1a-001 Two tone
    18k Gold/stainless steel
    Bought in Norway from an authorized watch dealer when new in 1996
    Really good condition
    One owner all the time
    Last service 10 yrs ago
    Blue dial

Price: 16.120 EUR.

Help please :) Is this a good price for this watch? Can I consider it a good investment? Thanks!

Btw I love vintage watches.
    I think there are much better watches for that kind of money. I think the 2 two tone Pateks scream "dated" rather than "vintage". This model will not be an investment, and will need a service very soon.

From that pic, the dial does not look blue... (listing red flag?)
    Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venturer Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysse Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut, Citizen Eco Drive One AR5030-59L

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry the picture is just for reference, its not the actual watch.
    I know its a real watch as I know the AD though.

I agree its a lot of money, I was also looking at a GMT MASTER 2 TT or Daytona. But I'm not sure which watch to go for.

In my small collection I have a vintage Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 18k yellow gold/stainless steel 34mm and a vintage Datejust 1601 white gold/stainless steel 36mm.

Any other suggestions for a new addition to the collection?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Like the other poster said, the whole yellow gold/ss combo is pretty dated looking but if you're into it don't let our opinions hold you back. It's also older...and will have the associated issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SethThomas View Post
    I think there are much better watches for that kind of money. I think the 2 two tone Pateks scream "dated" rather than "vintage". This model will not be an investment, and will need a service very soon.

From that pic, the dial does not look blue... (listing red flag?)
    Plus one on this too. Maybe it's just because I'm a younger guy, but two-tone is hard to pull off as a modern look. As of now, the only two-tone I'd consider is the Rolex 16613.

Would save yourself some coin and find another piece unless you truly do want it.
    -Ken

Thread Information