Patek Phillipe 5960 Stainless steel, solid gold or platinum?

Thread: Patek Phillipe 5960 Stainless steel, solid gold or platinum?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Patek Phillipe 5960 Stainless steel, solid gold or platinum?

Have recently gotten the Patek itch,
    Decided to manifest it in the form of the nautilus.
    However, I dont think my collection will be complete without an annual calendar.
    I have been looking at the 5960 and really love the design.

The stainless steel has been discontinued but I am loving the white dial on stainless steel.

The blue dial on leather in white gold is attractive as well, But i'm not sure if I'm super in love with the leather.

The platinum was an offer by a mate with the grey dial, at that price its hard to resist, but Im not sure if i'm super in love with the red markers and white subdial.

Anyone has any thoughts or experience on the above?
    Would love to hear peoples thoughts on the above.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Insta: @watchanton

5711 | 5164
    | 26400SO | 116900 | SBGJ021 | IW377714

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Re: Patek Phillipe 5960 Stainless steel, solid gold or platinum?

awesome choice! the 5960 is such a great watch, undervalued and underestimated by a lot of people. i have the grey dial p and love it, i have worn on multiple color straps, even natos and its awesome.

having seen almost all the dial variants in person, they are all really fun. i havent seen the steel black dial but they are expensive. the white dial steel is awesome, more impressive in the metal than pics. the bracelet is flashy, but extremely well built as you would expect. probably my least favorite version is the blue dial g thats still available, but i still think its brilliant - just has some stiff competition.

people dont really talk about the case and the movement much, maybe because its an old watch. the user experience is flawless, its super comfortable to wear - the case fits really well on the wrist due to the lug design. the functionality is great too, lots of features packed in and really easy to set and use.

cant go wrong with a 5960!

Completely agree with you statement, I've been to multiple dealers around the world and they always seem to have the blue G sitting in the display.

I have tried it on more times that I can remember, but still think the best one I had on my wrist was the stainless steel in white. Super tasty.

How do you find the sub dials for the P?

And does it wear heavy? if you get what I mean.

5711 | 5164

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Completely agree with you statement, I've been to multiple dealers around the world and they always seem to have the blue G sitting in the display.

I have tried it on more times that I can remember, but still think the best one I had on my wrist was the stainless steel in white. Super tasty.

How do you find the sub dials for the P?

And does it wear heavy? if you get what I mean.

5711 | 5164

It’s heavy but doesn’t wear heavy. I used to have a first series pt Datograph and that watch wore heavy and I sold it, it was just never comfortable. The lug design and case back made it sit up on my wrist where the 5960 just sits snug. The PP clasp is a lot better than the Lange too, it also sits more flush on the underside. Sub dial is really cool design, you can leave the chrono running without effecting performance so you can use it constantly if you like a running seconds.

If you got the steel would you wear on the bracelet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tim_s View Post
    It’s heavy but doesn’t wear heavy. I used to have a first series pt Datograph and that watch wore heavy and I sold it, it was just never comfortable. The lug design and case back made it sit up on my wrist where the 5960 just sits snug. The PP clasp is a lot better than the Lange too, it also sits more flush on the underside. Sub dial is really cool design, you can leave the chrono running without effecting performance so you can use it constantly if you like a running seconds.

I reckon if I got it on steel I would wear it on bracelet.
    I actually do have a photo of it on my wrist that I had recently taken when I was in Japan,
    I walked into a little dingy pawn shop at the side of the road, and was like why the f is there 2.5 mill in watches over here.

Long story short, I managed to try on a couple of grails, and this was definitely one of them.
    The weight was just right, I feel that Patek really knows how to sort the weight out on their stainless steel pieces.

I also really enjoyed the 5212 that came out recently, I have seen a couple of them, dont understand the premium, but I think if my AD
    offered me one I would gladly jump at the chance to own it.

Also in reply to running the chrono for the effect of runnign seconds, Im curious if that affects how often you have to send it in for service.
    Patek is known for having reasonable prices with regards to servicing but If I can keep serviving to every 5 years, Im pretty happy haha.

5711 | 5164

Quote Originally Posted by tim_s View Post

I reckon if I got it on steel I would wear it on bracelet.
    I actually do have a photo of it on my wrist that I had recently taken when I was in Japan,
    I walked into a little dingy pawn shop at the side of the road, and was like why the f is there 2.5 mill in watches over here.

Long story short, I managed to try on a couple of grails, and this was definitely one of them.
    The weight was just right, I feel that Patek really knows how to sort the weight out on their stainless steel pieces.

I also really enjoyed the 5212 that came out recently, I have seen a couple of them, dont understand the premium, but I think if my AD
    offered me one I would gladly jump at the chance to own it.

Also in reply to running the chrono for the effect of runnign seconds, Im curious if that affects how often you have to send it in for service.
    Patek is known for having reasonable prices with regards to servicing but If I can keep serviving to every 5 years, Im pretty happy haha.

5711 | 5164

i like the 5212, havent seen one yet though.

cant comment on running the chrono as regards to service, there might be some articles out there that could help with respect to technical movement stuff. its quite a historic movement i recall, the first annual calendar chronograph in an automatic maybe?

the bracelet is technically very impressive, fits amazing. i just struggled with the polish when i tried it on - its quite eye catching. it looks amazing on a nato by the way!

The bracelet is what caught my eye, but also the stark contrast of the dial, that black on white, is very attractive to me.

I actually have to update my profile now cause I'm consolidating my collection, pretty sure I got reamed, but I managed to pick up a reasonably priced 5164 yesterday.

Not sure if the current market prices are accurate though.

I'll have to look deeper into it but the cheque is cut and the ink is dry so i'll wear in good health anyways. haha

5711 | 5164

The bracelet is what caught my eye, but also the stark contrast of the dial, that black on white, is very attractive to me.

I actually have to update my profile now cause I'm consolidating my collection, pretty sure I got reamed, but I managed to pick up a reasonably priced 5164 yesterday.

Not sure if the current market prices are accurate though.

I'll have to look deeper into it but the cheque is cut and the ink is dry so i'll wear in good health anyways. haha

5711 | 5164

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information