the perfect high-end traveler doesn't exist
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: the perfect high-end traveler doesn't exist

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

the perfect high-end traveler doesn't exist

I mean, it does – it's the Aquanaut Travel Time, but I'm not about to get caught up in that Hypebeast nonsense. Hindsight is 20/20, should have moved on one of these when they were trading below its $35k MSRP – anybody remember those quaint days?

Anyway, since I don't have a working Delorean, this is more or less the watch I want though. Exemplary finish and functionality – at least 100 meters of WR (which is proving to be the dealbreaker for a lot of good options), and the ability to jump back and forth between timezones at will. Can be done via the crown, with pushers, whatever. Just has to be easy.

Does this kind of watch exist in any variation for under $20k? The new Octo Finessimo Chronograph GMT comes close (low WR though), as does the VCO Dual Time (amazing watch, but I personally hate Vacheron's Maltese Cross overkill on the Overseas), and even Girard Perregaux almost got there with the super-obscure Traveller Dual Time Moonphase, but it adjusts the 24-hour subdial and not the local time, which is an absolute head-scratcher for a watch called "Traveller."

What am I missing? Or am I better off just waiting until Basel next year and crossing my fingers again? Kinda want an 'exit watch' at this point, but won't settle for anything that doesn't fit the bill just right.
    SethThomas and ShdwFX like this.

Re: the perfect high-end traveler doesn't exist

H Moser Endeavour dual time in funky blue fume dial!

Name:  D1EF4CA5-F37E-4A68-905B-E8F2F21E90B1_1568290974928.jpeg
Views: 374
Size:  774.1 KB

I agree, it is hard to find a dual time/GMT/WWT high end watch with a decent design between $10k and $20k.
    The VC Overseas Dual time 2nd generation is a good buy now.
    You also have the GP absolute World time, but I do believe a 42mm GP Laureato dual time would be a great addition. Or a new Breguet Marine dual time.

Not too many options indeed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ar7iste View Post
    I agree, it is hard to find a dual time/GMT/WWT high end watch with a decent design between $10k and $20k.
    The VC Overseas Dual time 2nd generation is a good buy now.
    You also have the GP absolute World time, but I do believe a 42mm GP Laureato dual time would be a great addition. Or a new Breguet Marine dual time.

Not too many options indeed.
    The GP Laureato fits this criteria in every way other than trading hype.

Can't beat the Octo. Is the wr the only thing stopping you?
    GO PML, Omega Mark II, LLD, Meister Telemeter, DA36, Ianos Avyssos, Tropik SS, Zelos

heb

No, not any of these. The "perfect" traveler, high end or not, is one that includes a rotating 24 hour ring opposite a city ring (may or may not be rotatable) with an independently movable hour hand. I would imagine the PP variant is the highest costing one.

heb

I think the Linde Werdelin 3 Timer is actually a pretty decent proposition, albeit I am not sure it would qualify as high-end given the lower price point and movement.
    It has 300m water resistance, and can be worn in any condition, with versatile straps.

Other than that the IWC limited edition Saint Exupery UTC comes in white and yellow gold, and can be found around $10k used. It would be a good all arounder, even though it is fairly large at 44mm.

Quote Originally Posted by R_rated View Post
    The GP Laureato fits this criteria in every way other than trading hype.
    Very true. It’s actually at the top of my list - I don’t love the Absolute, but enough to get the 3-hand and continue the search for a good travel watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...the Absolute is cool, but it’s a little too aggro for me I think. Forgot that I shot it earlier this year.

natesen and mpalmer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    ...the Absolute is cool, but it’s a little too aggro for me I think. Forgot that I shot it earlier this year.

I read your statement thinking "aggro?" and then looked at pics. YES that is aggressive. Good lord.
    It almost doesnt seem like a GP
    dinexus likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information