Polaris vs defy vs Laureto
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Polaris vs defy vs Laureto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Which blue? So many options! Ugh
    Attached Images Attached Images

GO PML, Omega Mark II, LLD, Meister Telemeter, DA36, Ianos Avyssos, Tropik SS, Zelos

Moderator German Watches Forum

Re: Polaris vs defy vs Laureto

moved to high end watches

Thanks,
    rationaltime

This is the one I chose, never regretted it...

Name:  IMG_3646.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  557.9 KB
    ajbutler13, DeCrow and Drksaint like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The VC above is quite a bit more expensive... but terrific if you can swing it.

Among your other choices, I'd get the GP. That dial is just terrific. The Polaris is nice but a little more generic, IMO. And i haven't seen a Defy in person but don't like the aesthetic as much as the others.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

GP is the best of those. Get it.

I didn't care for the Polaris dial - to be honest, it looked cheap to me. Zenith punches above its weight as far as I'm concerned. The dial on the GP is really sharp though!

I tried the Polaris (not this dial color though) and was not fond of the size of the watch. It looked too big, I believe the inner bezel ring and the use of negative space combined together doesn't work really well. It looks a little better on the LE Memovox edition.
    While I have not tried the other 2, I think the defy to get is the Defy 21 with chronograph, I really do not understand the "Defy" name on this simpler model. The GP is another league IMO, even though I have never seen the dial in person. It also comes in multiple sizes and the movement is nicely finished. If you are not turned off by the design (which many people are), I would vote for the GP.

of those choices, GP allllllll day.

As an owner of a Defy Classic, there is absolutely NO WAY that I would trade it for a Laureato or a Polaris:

Name:  10 aug 2019.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  74.1 KB

The blue sunburst is beautiful, the Elite movement performs well and looks good, and it's titanium and light as a feather. The VC pictured above is another beast altogether, of course (although the fact that it doesn't hack gets under my skin a bit).
    Skeptical, SMH and Drksaint like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbutler13 View Post
    The VC pictured above is another beast altogether, of course (although the fact that it doesn't hack gets under my skin a bit).
    Yes! It's the only thing holding it back from perfection IMO. But I can deal with it...

Certainly it's more expensive than the three the OP has listed, but there's a good reason for it. I've not seen either the Zenith or the GP in the flesh (although the derivative nature of the GP bothers me a bit), so it would be hard for me to choose. The Elite movement is an excellent one for sure--I have one in my Captains Central Seconds, and it's both reliable and accurate.
    ajbutler13 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information