Review: Bulgari Octo Finissimo Black Ceramic 103077
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Review: Bulgari Octo Finissimo Black Ceramic 103077

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

This watch surprised me.

I bought this watch through my AD. He had none in stock and had to order it. It took about 3 weeks, and came in a beautiful, dark wooden box - probably the best watch box I've ever received. It's much nicer than anything from Rolex, Oris, or Panerai (other ones I've received thus far as a collector).

That said, on to the watch:

- Comfort: The watch is incredibly lightweight with a 5.5mm case thickness (normal Octo Finissimo Automatic is 5.15mm). And, while it's bracelet is also ~.3 thicker thicker than its steel or titanium counterparts, it feels almost paper thin still and it's way thinner than anything else in my collection. The movement and fluidity of the bracelet is very natural and so much so you forget it's on the wrist. That said, the ceramic feels sturdy and very durable.

- Durability: Not once since wearing the watch have I felt it is fragile or breakable. This was my biggest fear prior to purchasing. Rather, it feels like the opposite - strong and reliable. And, as an aside, I've been rotating this watch with my new Rolex GMT - and to my surprise after wearing each watch 2-3 times - I already have little hairline marks on the Rolex clasp while the Bulgari Octo looks flawless and untouched by any "desk dives."

- Wrist Presence: The watch is not flashy whatsoever and most ppl don't realize it is a $15k+ watch, which is a bonus. Others that want something to standout more may not love this matte black ceramic. That said, when people do notice the watch - watch enthusiasts and less interested watch ppl - they immediately ask if I can take it off so they can check it out - and then are amazed at how thin it is. And, soon as they flip it around they are blown away by the backside view of the movement. So, this watch surprises those more keen observers at work and in the family! I'll also say the thinness makes it a dress watch. Yet, the broadness with all the 100+ facets enable to easily wear casual with T-shirts. It's probably the only watches in my collection that can go from T-shirt to Tux, to my surprise. Lastly, I will say because of its "flatness" on the wrist it feels a little larger than 40mm - almost closer to 42mm. It doesn't feel/look oversized though - and it works due its thinness - but again it looks closer to 42mm (which I happen to like due to its matte finish).

- Future Proof: It has the thinnest automatic movement ever made (but it's not the thinnest automatic watch) and it is the thinnest "ceramic" watch. Moreover, it's the only watch with an all ceramic execution, including the clasp! That part is particularly brilliant. I also think right now it's underrated and will be a watch remembered and pursued by many in the years ahead like other great watches that were ahead of their time when released, e.g. Nautilus, Royal Oak, etc.

Overall Verdict: In the end, I'm impressed. This watch has surpassed my expectations and represents an incredible add to the Bulgari Octo Finissimo line and further proves Bulgari is in it to build out truly distinctive and advance modern watches (they've really taken advantage of their Gerald Genta roots with this line). While I feel like the titanium was a little "dull" for my taste and the stainless steel felt like a scratch magnet, this black ceramic version has hit the sweet spot. It's versatile, fun yet elegant, and ridiculously comfortable and durable. If you're okay with an under the "radar" piece and want something off the beaten path that is innovative - this is it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pj1369; January 8th, 2020 at 06:30.
    mpalmer, TedPhatana, mnf67 and 5 others like this.

Re: Review: Bulgari Octo Finissimo Black Ceramic 103077

Awesome. Though I wish the dial would have more pop.
    pj1369 and Ayreonaut like this.

I just purchase the O.F. Chronograph GMT a bit over a week ago and share you positive impressions. I was debating the GMT (which is only grey Ti) vs. your ceramic three-hander when making the purchase. Not sure I made the right decision. :P

Congrats!
    pj1369 likes this.
    CURRENT WATCHES: AP Royal Oak 15500ST, AP RO Offshore 26470ST “Safari”, Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Chrono GMT Ti, Rolex 116655 Rose Gold Yachtmaster, Grand Seiko SBGA211 “Snowflake” Spring Drive, Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon Meteorite, Omega Seamaster 300 “James Bond” OHMSS 50th Anniversary, Omega Speedmaster Pro 50th Anniversary (stainless), Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Blue, Omega Seamaster PloProf 1200M Ti, Omega Speedmaster X-33 Gen 2, Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50, Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2500, Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Tokyo 2020 (white), Rolex 116610LV "Hulk", Rolex 116400GV Milgauss, Rolex DateJust Two-Tone / MOP dial, Panerai Luminor 1950 3 Days (PAM372), Tudor Black Bay Bronze, Ball Engineer Master II Diver Worldtime, Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMT II, Doxa 300 Pro 50th Anniversary, Vortic “The Boston” 212 (1920/2018), Citizen Navihawk Blue Angels, Prometheus Ocean Diver, Seiko Prospex SNE533P1, Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical, Shinola Guardian

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrr View Post
    I just purchase the O.F. Chronograph GMT a bit over a week ago and share you positive impressions. I was debating the GMT (which is only grey Ti) vs. your ceramic three-hander when making the purchase. Not sure I made the right decision. :P

Congrats!
    Ha! Congrats to you!!

bassplayrr likes this.

how bout a wrist shot? :)

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by tacotom View Post
    how bout a wrist shot? :)
    Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  2.99 MB

Thanks! Here yah go! :)

mpalmer and Chris Stark like this.

Very handsome - i do wish they had left out the 6 and 12 numerals. Cool watch overall though.

^
    Those two numerals in that font style are very much a Bvlgari design feature stemming back many, many decades.
    pj1369 likes this.

That’s an impressive piece. Congrats and enjoy!
    pj1369 likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    ^
    Those two numerals in that font style are very much a Bvlgari design feature stemming back many, many decades.
    Exactly. They did do Roman numerals on a special edition version I saw in carbon. It was a ton more $$$

Last edited by pj1369; January 10th, 2020 at 02:12.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information