WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Review of the new Vacheron Constantin Overeseas three hander

67K views 198 replies 57 participants last post by  phaphaphooey 
#1 · (Edited)
I was recently fortunate enough to acquire the new VC Overseas. I had been waiting for it to come out, as I wanted a sporty watch with a bracelet to complement my sporty bracelet watches with white/silver/gray dials. Not expecting to see them available this soon, I unexpectedly found one at an AD, and bought it.

The new Overseas is really new, and quite different from the old one for several reasons. The dial has a different design, losing the arabic numerals (which I did not like) in favor of indices, and moving the date from 4:30 (boo!) to 3:00 (yay!):

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

The new one is pretty much what I consider the ideal size for me for a sport watch, 41mm x 11mm. It also sports a brand new, in house movement. So, let's get started.

Packaging is what you would expect at this level--a beautiful box, with a very nice wooden box (complete with display window) inside. Inside that is a separate travel box.

Product Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Wood
Display case Vehicle
Electronic device

Inside the travel box is a cleaning cloth, USB with documentation, and two additional straps--one rubber, one leather, both in blue to match the dial. Also included is a deployant for use with those straps. I suspect, given the quality and comfort of the bracelet, I might never use them--however, with the tool-less strap changing ability (more later) it would be tempting to try them out.

Technology Auto part

Without further ado, the bluest dial I've ever seen:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

You can see a few of the features. One that is polarizing to some is the dual tracks--the minutes on the dial, and the seconds on the rehaut. Personally, I think it makes perfect sense--the minute track isn't cluttered up with unnecessary divisions, and the seconds track has the additional divisions and numbers, with the seconds hand pointing directly to them. Basically, if you need to precisely count seconds, you can do it, but it's not obtrusive if you just want to know the time to the minute. It also adds a little more interest to the dial IMO. I also like the minimal writing on the dial--just the brand name and the word Geneve (and the tiny Swiss Made at the bottom, of course). Very clean. The Maltese Cross motif appears in numerous locations--on the dial, of course, plus the bezel, the signed crown, and the links of the bracelet.

To be continued...

See less See more
#194 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.