Thoughts on High end watches for your wives
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Thoughts on High end watches for your wives

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on High end watches for your wives

I usually buy my wife a watch once every 2-3 years,
    She has a rolex and an omega, and she wears them as dailys.

However, I got a call from audemars piguet yesterday, and they mentioned their latest 34mm Audemars piguet Royal oak release.
    Hinted that I should buy it for my wife, and I said I would think about it.

The stainless steel starts from 26k SGD which is around 1.5k cheaper than the 15450, and the boutique blue dial comes with diamonds and retails for around 33k SGD.

So I have not bought her a watch that expensive before, (Also could buy a resale market stainless white daytona for that )
    And just wondering how many of you guys have bought expensive ladies pieces before?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Insta: @watchanton

5711 | 5164
    | 26400SO | 116900 | SBGJ021 | IW377714

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Re: Thoughts on High end watches for your wives

This is a bit of a dilemma. Go high end and she will want high end every 2-3 years as you have set the standard!

However, I think that the Royal Oak is one that she would have to see first. You don't want to buy a watch like that only to find it sits in a drawer. Again, if she is not into watches and doesn't really appreciate it for what it is, then perhaps you could treat her to something less expensive and she would be just as happy.

I did buy my wife a gold and diamond Omega as a surprise and that gave me an awful lot of smarty points (that wasn't the intention, but it was a big bonus).
    Omega SMP 300 Chrono
    Omega 8500 Aqua Terra
    Omega 2500 Orange PO
    Vintage Omega Geneve
    Chopard GT XL
    Bell & Ross BR03-92 Ceramic

I just think Cartier looks great on women compared to other top brands. Next best would be Rolex Datejust. I think AP would be overkill for most women, unless they are into mechanics of a watch. I have known women, who appreciate an Armani watch more than a Lange.

So as saintsman mentioned, make sure she likes it before you buy it. Unless she is really into that specific AP, I'd rather go with a nice, elegant Cartier.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My spouse is happy with Cartier and borrowing a Rolex once in a while. Going higher end, especially when its a stretch (or takes too much from my own toy budget) is un-needed unless she has an acute appreciation for haute horology. The only watch "higher" than Cartier that my wife has expressed interest in is the Breguet Queen of Naples.
    IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese 7-Day Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130 World Time, Rolex Milgauss, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph, Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

Got my wife the ladies Cartier two tone tank. She wants me to sell it. The watch she likes the most is some no name watch from Oman while we were shipping at the souk. Weird.
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

I own an old version of that watch (quartz, right?), and I really enjoy it. It is very lightweight. I wear it as a men's GADA watch, and it is one of my favorites. In fact, it weighs less than one titanium watch that I own.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsman View Post
    This is a bit of a dilemma. Go high end and she will want high end every 2-3 years as you have set the standard!

However, I think that the Royal Oak is one that she would have to see first. You don't want to buy a watch like that only to find it sits in a drawer. Again, if she is not into watches and doesn't really appreciate it for what it is, then perhaps you could treat her to something less expensive and she would be just as happy.

I did buy my wife a gold and diamond Omega as a surprise and that gave me an awful lot of smarty points (that wasn't the intention, but it was a big bonus).
    This is kind of an issue I have with my wife, I have a fairly large collection built up over the years, and my wife is just starting to get into watches,
    However she's not giving me an easy time mate.

First piece she saw and loved was the Van Cleef and Arpels love bridge diamond encrusted, 150k SGD ( price has been raised to 180k SGD now)

Then I was like why dont you aim a little lower maybe with Rolex, And she picked the Cheetah Daytona, 120k SGD, I was like FFS.

I brought her to audemars piguet when I was collecting an allocation, and offered to get her the 15450, 27.5k SGD ( also the reason i'm considering the new 34mm )
    and she picks up a 37mm solid gold offshore chronograph and says I like this one 57k SGD , I almost died.

5711 | 5164

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Major View Post
    Got my wife the ladies Cartier two tone tank. She wants me to sell it. The watch she likes the most is some no name watch from Oman while we were shipping at the souk. Weird.
    I offered my wife a two tone datejust and she said ladies dont really like two tone, they prefer one of the other for ease of matching outfits and stuff.
    Is that a potential issue that you may have had?

5711 | 5164

My wife has a two tone Ballon Bleu and a Lange Saxonia. It's nice to have her involved in my hobby.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

My wife has a lady DateJust and a men's Cartier Roadster and that's about as high-end as she has any interest in going. I have tried to get her to try on lady Royal Oaks on multiple occasions and she just isn't interested.
    Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
    Glashutte Original PanoReserve
    IWC Portofino
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Calendar
    Panerai PAM 312
    Rolex Day-Date
    Rolex Submariner
    Others...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information