Trying to find balance - but love the VC overseas gtm
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trying to find balance - but love the VC overseas gtm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trying to find balance - but love the VC overseas gtm

Hi all,

I could use some feedback. I have loved the VC overseas GMT in blue since it came out. At the time is was on the order of unattainable for me. However, times have changed and it still gives me the itch. The issue I am facing is how it fits in my collection. I almost must give up one in order to slot it in but not sure what makes the most sense. I have a Rolex datejust 41 in blue which is the obvious switch but maybe not. I had always thought I would replace the datejust with a skydweller whenever I got lucky and found it, but after a playing the Rolex game I am finding it less interesting to find one in steel and not sure I love the premium they get that may not really be worth it.

Other watches:

Datejust 41 fluted in a blue dial
    Speed master moon watch - nice for casual days and swapping the 8 straps I have for it
    Panerai 176 - titanium 2 hander they donít make anymore and my wife loves it because she met me wearing it
    JLC Polaris Memovox - the alarm is just cool and the casual yet shiny parts are just lovely
    IWC big pilot annual calendar- kind of love this one. Itís classic but with an interesting complication and a very balanced dial.
    Blancpain bathyscaphe in grey - this watch is one I appreciate more and more. It is damn near perfect. The crown is perfectly oversized but in order to fit it they donít make it too tall, try tuck the extra size underneath and have it meet the bottom of the case. Simple and perfect.

I clearly have more than one simple watch and I enjoy clean faces. The VC checks ever box, is comfortable on the wrist, is elegant and I believe could pass for a dress watch.

But something would need to go.

Thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Trying to find balance - but love the VC overseas gtm

I think you might have answered your question yourself.

All the watches have a small personal description save the Rolex where you just stated the specs.

That would also be the one I would let go. Least special one and the one you will sell breakeven.

As above, the Rolex, or the SpeedMaster, but given the latter will net you very little to offset against the Overseas, and as you think it could also pass as a dressier piece, then the DJ is the obvious one to say goodbye to, since you’d be doubling up in that respect.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Let the blue DJ go. I did and don't miss it.

Agreed... Blue DJ is expendible. Sounds like you have more of a connection to the other watches.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo05 View Post
    I think you might have answered your question yourself.

All the watches have a small personal description save the Rolex where you just stated the specs.

That would also be the one I would let go. Least special one and the one you will sell breakeven.
    Thanks all. I kind of figured but itís good to get feedback from other watch lovers. The datejust is a great watch and I do love the oyster case but in the end it really never did scream as unique. It does serve as mostly my dress watch so hopefully the VC can serve that purpose.

It was also good to get a sanity check as I clearly buy watches with a similar motif so did not want to be resend any of I added that.

Agree also itís not worth selling the moon watch. I still like it and it is still the best dress up and dress down watch I have.

Thanks

TJMike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbarmash View Post
    Thanks all. I kind of figured but itís good to get feedback from other watch lovers. The datejust is a great watch and I do love the oyster case but in the end it really never did scream as unique. It does serve as mostly my dress watch so hopefully the VC can serve that purpose.

It was also good to get a sanity check as I clearly buy watches with a similar motif so did not want to be resend any of I added that.

Agree also itís not worth selling the moon watch. I still like it and it is still the best dress up and dress down watch I have.

Thanks

We expect you to post pictures of the VC once you get it :D

Based on your rhetoric around each watch you need to add and not replace:) No matter which one we recommend you will have a defense why it is special haha.

B-Bye datejust
    Rolex Datejust II, and Submariner SS no-date; Panerai 000, 352, 1024; IWC 3777; Zenith El Primero; Hublot Classic Fusion Chrono; Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscape; Seiko SKX and Turtles

Quote Originally Posted by R_rated View Post
    Based on your rhetoric around each watch you need to add and not replace:) No matter which one we recommend you will have a defense why it is special haha.
    Haha. Kind of true. But in this case I think the Rolex would be very repetitive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information