Ulysse Nardin Chronometer 263-22
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ulysse Nardin Chronometer 263-22

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ulysse Nardin Chronometer 263-22

Does anyone know if this model is supposed to carry the swiss made mark on the dial? The newer models seems to have it so I wonder why Ulysses Nardin left it out from this model.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JH Timepieces likes this.

Re: Ulysse Nardin Chronometer 263-22

Are you sure it's real? The date wheel looks very odd to me. It is sunken, misaligned, and you can actually see the edge of the date wheel on the upper right of the window. I would be shocked if UN let that slip through their quality control. I've never owned a UN so I have no experience spotting their fakes so take what I'm saying with a huge grain of salt, but that date wheel is really weird to me.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy2 View Post
    Does anyone know if this model is supposed to carry the swiss made mark on the dial? The newer models seems to have it so I wonder why Ulysses Nardin left it out from this model.
    What Swiss mark?
    The dial shows where in Switzerland it was produced.

The watch looks correct for its era, but if you look for a newer one with the round date window and magnifying lens, it’ll have a superbly polished recess.
    It’ll also have the more substantial butterfly clasp on the bracelet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    What Swiss mark?
    The dial shows where in Switzerland it was produced.

The watch looks correct for its era, but if you look for a newer one with the round date window and magnifying lens, it’ll have a superbly polished recess.
    It’ll also have the more substantial butterfly clasp on the bracelet.
    Thanks. I prefer the dial of this version, but hadn't considered the other points about the polished area and butterfly clasp.
    I wonder if it doesn't carry the 'swiss made' mark because the model didn't meet the requirement at the time for at least 50 % value from swiss parts and the other necessary requirement to carry the swiss made mark, just seems odd they left it out from this model version.

Quote Originally Posted by natesen View Post
    Are you sure it's real? The date wheel looks very odd to me. It is sunken, misaligned, and you can actually see the edge of the date wheel on the upper right of the window. I would be shocked if UN let that slip through their quality control. I've never owned a UN so I have no experience spotting their fakes so take what I'm saying with a huge grain of salt, but that date wheel is really weird to me.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Didn't notice the edge of the date wheel before, but I see it in other examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy2 View Post
    Thanks. I prefer the dial of this version, but hadn't considered the other points about the polished area and butterfly clasp.
    I wonder if it doesn't carry the 'swiss made' mark because the model didn't meet the requirement at the time for at least 50 % value from swiss parts and the other necessary requirement to carry the swiss made mark, just seems odd they left it out from this model version.
    Same dial, only the later version with round date display window.
    Some photos so you can see how it looks…

https://www.catawiki.com/lots/327223...n-2011-present – “wrong” bracelet. This is the one with the solid thinner stamped clasp.
    https://www.europeanwatch.com/23405.html – what the newer clasp changed to.
    https://www.zeitauktion.com/en/ulyss...-2892a2-170314 – bigger/better images of the dial details.

Still not sure what mark you’re referring to unless it’s the standard “Swiss Made” normally seen on the periphery of the dial at 6. If so, then as I mentioned previously, UN decided to go with the place where their watches are made/assembled.
    That doesn’t necessarily mean they couldn’t use the words, for legal reasons, but rather more a case of doing what they did to be different and stand out from everyone else.
    Last edited by PJ S; March 11th, 2020 at 12:23.

Same dial, only the later version with round date display window.
    Some photos so you can see how it looks…

https://www.catawiki.com/lots/327223...n-2011-present – “wrong” bracelet. This is the one with the solid thinner stamped clasp.
    https://www.europeanwatch.com/23405.html – what the newer clasp changed to.
    https://www.zeitauktion.com/en/ulyss...-2892a2-170314 – bigger/better images of the dial details.

Still not sure what mark you’re referring to unless it’s the standard “Swiss Made” normally seen on the periphery of the dial at 6. If so, then as I mentioned previously, UN decided to go with the place where their watches are made/assembled.
    That doesn’t necessarily mean they couldn’t use the words, for legal reasons, but rather more a case of doing what they did to be different and stand out from everyone else.
    I decided to buy the model, not the exact watch in the photo, but another example, with the square window. Very happy with the purchase. Beautifully made. Mint condition and keeps time to within 2s. The round window would have made the date easiest to read as you correctly mentioned, but I like the overall balance of square with round dial. It's my first watch with power reserve indicator and find it a very valuable feature.
    SethThomas and WTSP like this.

Congrats… now don’t forget the obligatory photos of it.

Congrats… now don’t forget the obligatory photos of it.
    Took me a while to take the photo, but here it is.Name:  IMG_1265.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  2.56 MB

Ah, you went for the Roman numerals version.
    Enjoying it?
    JH Timepieces likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information