Vacheron Constantin Overseas Strap Options
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JStyles
  • 1 Post By dbostedo

Thread: Vacheron Constantin Overseas Strap Options

Vacheron Constantin Overseas Strap Options

Hello all,

I'm now the proud owner of a second generation VC Overseas Dual Time. My watch is currently on a bracelet, but I really like the idea of putting it on a blue rubber strap. I contacted Vacheron directly and they quoted me $280 USD for the strap, and $580 USD for the stainless steel buckle.

I'm not totally averse to spending that much on the strap, but I can't quite find it in me to spend that much on the buckle. What are my options? Are there any independent strap makers who make straps for these things? Can I buy a different buckle to put on the OEM strap? Do I just bite the bullet and spend the money?

Thanks in advance.
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time |Grand Seiko Snowflake | Rolex Explorer I 214270 Mk1 | IWC Le Petit Prince Chronograph | Vintage Buren Chronograph

Instagram: @Lawpera_Watches

Re: Vacheron Constantin Overseas Strap Options

There are aftermarket versions on eBay, but they are not that great. Fitting is also tricky on a gen2. They come with a standard buckle in the shape of the Maltese cross which you can fit to the OEM strap.

Name:  3343163A-31D3-4184-9B23-E1AB232C64A1.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  136.0 KB

Also the parts do come up for sale in classifieds once in a while. You might respond to this ad just to grab the buckle if still available. https://forums.timezone.com/index.ph...=7653656&rid=0
    Last edited by islands62; 1 Week Ago at 02:13.
    IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese 7-Day Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130 World Time, Rolex Milgauss, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph, Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

I've always been partial to Hirsch straps. The quality far exceeds the price.
    Gazza74 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i think Vacheron Constantin straps are kind of unique in terms of there shape and especially the part that is attached to the watch case is normally reinforced with metal to allow it to stay in place given the constant rubbing against hard metal.
    $280 is not an excessive amount for a holly trinity keeping in mind that a leather Patek Philippe strap will cost you north of $700.
    as far as the stainless steel buckle, i suggest getting a deployment clasp if that is an option. For comparison purposes, a gold Patek buckle will cost north of $1,000 and a gold deployment clasp would be north of $2,500.
    hope that helps
    Current Collection
    Patek Philippe 5170G
    Patek Philippe 5146G
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150/B01A-9097
    Blancpain Villeret Quantieme Complete 6263A (20 years anniversary edition limited 300 pieces)
    Rolex Datejust 116234 JSRR
    Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR
    Baume & Mercier Clifton Annual Calendar Chronograph M0A10280
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.006

@azizu787

Quote Originally Posted by Azizu View Post
    ...i suggest getting a deployment clasp ...
    I always recommend that too. But it's a "deployant" clasp. (Sorry to be a spelling n#$i, but that's a pet peeve of mine.) I would always choose a deployant if it was an option, except perhaps or a very dressy and thin watch.
    DCGallenstein likes this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Not to steal the thread, but do VC boutiques offer extra leather straps with current generation (Gen. 3) Overseas watches? I know the blue dial comes with a blue leather strap. Would they also sell you a brown and a black strap if you wanted them?
    Current collection:
    -Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph 41mm (Panda)
    -Rolex GMT Master II BLNR (Batman)
    -Tudor Black Bay GMT
    -Omega Speedmaster Professional

Quote Originally Posted by NYVirus View Post
    Not to steal the thread, but do VC boutiques offer extra leather straps with current generation (Gen. 3) Overseas watches? I know the blue dial comes with a blue leather strap. Would they also sell you a brown and a black strap if you wanted them?
    Yes, you can always buy all straps available within the respective collection (e.g. three-hands, chrono).
    cheers - mike

I am in the total opposite situation. I own a gen 2 overseas dual time but rubber and optional leather strap.
    I have been trying to find the metal bracelet for sale but to no avail.. sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by DCGallenstein View Post
    Hello all,

I'm now the proud owner of a second generation VC Overseas Dual Time. My watch is currently on a bracelet, but I really like the idea of putting it on a blue rubber strap. I contacted Vacheron directly and they quoted me $280 USD for the strap, and $580 USD for the stainless steel buckle.

I'm not totally averse to spending that much on the strap, but I can't quite find it in me to spend that much on the buckle. What are my options? Are there any independent strap makers who make straps for these things? Can I buy a different buckle to put on the OEM strap? Do I just bite the bullet and spend the money?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Information