Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GETS
  • 1 Post By omeglycine

Thread: Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.

Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.

Hi All,

I just joined this site after doing a little lurking. I currently have three watches. I use the Timex for gym, sports, other manual labor. The Bulova is for work/very formal events. The AP is for work/other. What do you guys think of these watches for those scenarios? Appropriate? I have attached photos.

I am also looking to add another watch along the lines of a Patek Phillipe Calatrava (dream scenario) or IWC portuguese or a Rolex Air King or Hamilton Khaki field auto (I know not high end lol) to wear to the office or simply wear when I'm going out with friends, etc when I don't want to wear the AP.

I do like the AP royal oaks but they are a little too flashy for me. I am more of a subtle/non-flashy watch type of person. I just bought a red, white and blue NATO strap to put on the timex or AP. What do you guys think is an appropriate timepiece to add to my collection? I am in my early 20's. Any advice/tips/suggestions will be much appreciated!! Thank you all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.

For gym. I recommend getting Rolex seadweller with bracelet. That watch is built like a tank. And you can keep on wearing it to shower sauna swim etc. Do not leave it in the locker. I dropped mine, banged to the weights, swim, and it just keeps on running. Every 5 years i sent it for maintenance it became a new watch.

For formal or work. You need a dress watch. A lange sohne and patek reigns in formal dress watches. But For subtle understatement i recommend Jaeger le coultre master ultra thin in platinum. Or find a vintage vacheron ultra thin in white gold, it could become a conversation trigger. Keep these in leather strap with original buckle if you can.

Keep the AP in bracelet or leather. Nato strap makes it look cheaper.

Keep the timex and bulova at home once you upgrade to the timepieces above.

Banned

Re: Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by futuregopher View Post
    Hi All,

I just joined this site after doing a little lurking. I currently have three watches. I use the Timex for gym, sports, other manual labor. The Bulova is for work/very formal events. The AP is for work/other. What do you guys think of these watches for those scenarios? Appropriate? I have attached photos.

I am also looking to add another watch along the lines of a Patek Phillipe Calatrava (dream scenario) or IWC portuguese or a Rolex Air King or Hamilton Khaki field auto (I know not high end lol) to wear to the office or simply wear when I'm going out with friends, etc when I don't want to wear the AP.

I do like the AP royal oaks but they are a little too flashy for me. I am more of a subtle/non-flashy watch type of person. I just bought a red, white and blue NATO strap to put on the timex or AP. What do you guys think is an appropriate timepiece to add to my collection? I am in my early 20's. Any advice/tips/suggestions will be much appreciated!! Thank you all!
    No comments from me on the collection other than I would really like to see some movement pics of your "Audemars Piguet". Thanks.
    amine likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GETS - I'm not interested in seeing any movement pics. I've seen plenty of seagulls. ;)
    Xspect likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by omeglycine View Post
    GETS - I'm not interested in seeing any movement pics. I've seen plenty of seagulls. ;)
    That good eh? Wow.

Why do you say not to leave it in the locker? Is it b/c people actually tried to steal yours? A PP calatrava is on the top of my list but that's a dream that won't come to fruition until a few years lol. thanks for the tips though!

I will upload pictures once I get back home and use a real camera. Those pictures were taken were taken with an iphone. What is a seagull that you speak of?

Uhhh… because someone broke into my locker and stole my Heuer Carrera classic re-edition. That was my first watch when I was in college in my 20s.

Actually I still have the cert and serial number, I wonder where I can put its status as stolen so when the thief tries to sell it he will fail?
    Last edited by a_laksmana; November 12th, 2012 at 04:55. Reason: more info

Oh wow. That's horrible, sorry for your loss. I would imagine the person who stole it probably still goes to that gym...

Quote Originally Posted by futuregopher View Post
    Oh wow. That's horrible, sorry for your loss. I would imagine the person who stole it probably still goes to that gym...
    Yea… he must know my habit since he destroyed the locker hinges and padlock when I went for 15 minutes shower. So never leave anything in the locker. Or perhaps leave the watch in the car. Or wear it all the time including shower (you need oyster case for this).

Thread Information