What models of Rolex have the better market in near future?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CMSgt Bo

Thread: What models of Rolex have the better market in near future?

What models of Rolex have the better market in near future?

I mean the models that are easy to find now with their retail price and are available in any Rolex retail store but they have the opportunity or maybe you think that they have the "je ne sais quoi" to be hard to find after a while.
    please give me your opinion it is so precious for me.

Re: What models of Rolex have the better market in near future?

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any models that are readily available at Rolex Authorised Dealers that will hold particularly good value in the near future.

The easiest models to find consistently I have found are the Oyster Perpetuals and DateJusts, and they can be easily found at Rolex Authorised Dealers, and have been the case for years.

You would not lose much money purchasing them brand new now and selling them a few months later, but you would not make any profit doing so.

The models that everyone wants - including Submariner, Daytona Ceramic, GMT-Master II 'Batman' - are impossible to find and more likely 12 months or even years (I have been waiting for over three years for a Ceramic Daytona), and these are the ones fetching more than full Recommended Retail Pricing on the preowned market.

In fact, the Rolex Daytona Ceramic is selling for nearly double the full RRP on the preowned market.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

From what I've read, that was largely my not-well-informed opinion.

The one qualifier would be if Rolex decides to do *steel* Cellinis. It doesn't hit the "usual" Rolex cues, altho they certainly have plenty of classical Rolex predecessors. But my gut says, if Rolex wanted to go this route, it'd be flying off the shelves, especially in the beginning.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

We do have a Rolex Forum here.
    GrouchoM likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by k.han View Post
    I mean the models that are easy to find now with their retail price and are available in any Rolex retail store but they have the opportunity or maybe you think that they have the "je ne sais quoi" to be hard to find after a while.
    please give me your opinion it is so precious for me.
    I can't think of a single model that fits all your criteria.

Any that might fit have already been hoovered up long ago.

Sorry.
    Well, I was standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ and Clara Oswald slowed down to take a look at me and my GS Tiffany SnowflakeTM...

Quote Originally Posted by dantan View Post
    Unfortunately, I cannot think of any models that are readily available at Rolex Authorised Dealers that will hold particularly good value in the near future.

The easiest models to find consistently I have found are the Oyster Perpetuals and DateJusts, and they can be easily found at Rolex Authorised Dealers, and have been the case for years.

You would not lose much money purchasing them brand new now and selling them a few months later, but you would not make any profit doing so.

The models that everyone wants - including Submariner, Daytona Ceramic, GMT-Master II 'Batman' - are impossible to find and more likely 12 months or even years (I have been waiting for over three years for a Ceramic Daytona), and these are the ones fetching more than full Recommended Retail Pricing on the preowned market.

In fact, the Rolex Daytona Ceramic is selling for nearly double the full RRP on the preowned market.
    +1. But what do you think about Milgauss GV? Is its market the same as OP39?

Thread Information