Where can I buy a Patek Aquanaut out of state to not pay sales tax?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Where can I buy a Patek Aquanaut out of state to not pay sales tax?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where can I buy a Patek Aquanaut out of state to not pay sales tax?

I am in Texas. I want to buy a Patek Aquanaut 5711. Anyone know where I can buy one from reputable or authorized dealer not in Texas so I can avoid sales tax? I am open to used and new. Thanks for suggestions.

Re: Where can I buy a Patek Aquanaut out of state to not pay sales tax?

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishing View Post
    I am in Texas. I want to buy a Patek Aquanaut 5711. Anyone know where I can buy one from reputable or authorized dealer not in Texas so I can avoid sales tax? I am open to used and new. Thanks for suggestions.
    Well just to be clear, you'll avoid Texas state sales tax, but will be subject to Texas state use tax when you report the purchase. (https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/sales/faq/use.php) (And if you happen to be suggesting that you won't pay either - not that you are - that's against forum rules.)

Beyond that 5711's, as I understand it, are hard to come by in general. There's typically a waiting list for them new no matter where you look. See this thread : https://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/p...e-4889493.html

Maybe you'll get lucky, and someone knows a place with one actually available, or there's a used one available. You could try WatchRecon to look at and keep an eye on the used market.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Aquanaut or Nautilus? Couple on European Watch Company in Boston, long time watch vendor with good credentials, not sure I'd pay $65K - $100K but to each their own . . . .
    ALS * anOrdain * AP * Beaubleu * BP * Cartier * DD&S * Direnzo * Fears * Hentschel * Invicta * IWC * JLC * Marnaut * Pancor * Rolex * Revolution * Stowa * Tiffany * Timor

"The deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lol what? Is this a troll post?
    HTown likes this.

No not troll post. I want the stainless steel aquanaut. If they ship to me, I don’t have to pay sales tax like eBay or any company that doesn’t have in state store. If I can avoid som tax, why not?

Good question, I'm also looking for a way to break the sales tax law, can anyone help me? I also have 65,000 for a watch I just don't have the sales tax money needed to purchase it.
    GrouchoM and brandonskinner like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Aquanaut or Nautilus? Couple on European Watch Company in Boston, long time watch vendor with good credentials, not sure I'd pay $65K - $100K but to each their own . . . .
    Good point... 5711 is the Nautilus, which is what I responded about. 5167A is the steel Aquanaut.
    drhr likes this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

How is it fraud? Maybe I’m not clear on the rules but sometimes I buy things online and it’s out of state company with no sales tax. Like amazon was for many states back in the day?

Thanks for the clarification on model number.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishing View Post
    How is it fraud? Maybe I’m not clear on the rules but sometimes I buy things online and it’s out of state company with no sales tax. Like amazon was for many states back in the day?

Thanks for the clarification on model number.
    Legally in Texas you still have to pay tax on those items. That's in the link I posted above. If you're not paying it on things bought online or out of state, you're breaking the law. This is true, I think, in just about every state.
    mharris660 likes this.

Yup this ^^^^ you're breaking the law.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information