Is this why AP discontinued White Royal Oak 15400? - Page 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is this why AP discontinued White Royal Oak 15400?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Is this why AP discontinued White Royal Oak 15400?

Quote Originally Posted by Horolojust View Post
    Sorry; I was mean to quote you in my above message. Above reply FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for taking the time.

Don't know what the reason is for any variations, but I love my silver dial 15400.

You should enjoy yours too rather than focusing on minor differences between them......which in any case I don't think can be seen without putting 2 watches side by side......

I do hope silver dial is discontinued permanently though (maybe 15450 silver will too next year), makes mine that much more exclusive :)
    Last edited by xherion; 5 Days Ago at 04:41.

I know this thread is old but you might want to take the same photo, as above, twice with the watch positions swapped thus you'll see the effects of the light source. That is- silver dial on left in one photo, then silver dial on right in another photo. You will want to insure those positions are marked for consistency, along with bezel height. This seems pedantic, yes. Given the number of photos I've seen of the silver dial version (while scouting potential purchases) it appears to be extremely dynamic with the light, and this why I personally find that dial variant most intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by onnomon View Post
    I know this thread is old but you might want to take the same photo, as above, twice with the watch positions swapped thus you'll see the effects of the light source. That is- silver dial on left in one photo, then silver dial on right in another photo. You will want to insure those positions are marked for consistency, along with bezel height. This seems pedantic, yes. Given the number of photos I've seen of the silver dial version (while scouting potential purchases) it appears to be extremely dynamic with the light, and this why I personally find that dial variant most intriguing.
    Exactly, the silver dial is really extremely dynamic, slight light change will affect the reflections on the dial, and that's why i like this even more than blue dial.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is this why AP discontinued White Royal Oak 15400?

Quote Originally Posted by onnomon View Post
    Theyíre definitely different and there are multiple shades of silver dial out in the wild. Iíll do another short video on my YT channel to further clarify this and as you suggested; Iíll interchange the watch position with light; yet the shade wonít change.

In the photos below, first photo has white one on left; and the same white one on right; yet you can see the difference in shade.

This is coming from first hand experience and watch owner so you can trust my words they are not the same shades of silver/white.

Iíll post the link in a few weeks time here when Iíve done a follow up video on this.

Last edited by Horolojust; 2 Days Ago at 16:41.

Quote Originally Posted by xherion View Post
    Exactly, the silver dial is really extremely dynamic, slight light change will affect the reflections on the dial, and that's why i like this even more than blue dial.
    Silver dial is indeed beautiful and very dynamic. I have blue as well and I still canít sell the silver for how beautiful it is.

They are all gorgeous dials, darker provide more contrast to the bracelet, also the markers on the dial appear more shiny and more legible on darker dials.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information