Window shopping last night in Las Vegas
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Window shopping last night in Las Vegas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My wife and I were invited to go watch the Steelers/Patriots debacle last night at the Palazzo. We hardly go the strip, so decided to do some window shopping after the game in the Canal shops which have AD's for many luxury brands. I'm currently interested in something stainless with a blue dial(much like many people, apparently). My plan is a new Overseas chrono with blue dial.

Anyhow, we started with a visit to the store that sells Glashutte Originals. I wanted to see the Seventies Panorama blue dial on bracelet in person. They only had two seventies--silver dials on leather straps. They had a good selection of senators and panos. The Panomatic Lunar in grey and blue are both real beauties in person. This store is also the AD for Grand Seiko which they had a nice selection of. They had 1 of 500 of a new GS diver which was a nice looking watch.

Next, downstairs to the store that carries VC. They had one Overseas dual time silver dial & that was it for Overseas. They had a few from each of the other collections. We were there about six months ago and this location had probably a dozen or so just in the Overseas collection with all the dial colors in chrono and three-hand. This location also carries A Lange, so we took a quick look at those. They had a fairly large selection of most models including the Lange 1 which is really beautiful in person.

On the way out, we passed the AP boutique, so made a quick stop there. They had nothing in the way of the traditional looking men's RO or ROO. Mostly small (37mm?) with diamond bezels, and a pre-owned piece on consignment that was supposedly owned by JZ. I asked the doorman how often they received the blue dial RO's. He told me they were a unicorn, and the store hadn't received one in 5-6 years.

This is just FYI for anyone interested. The stores in the canal shops are very nicely kept, carry a variety of brands, and are close together. You can do a lot of looking in a short period of time. We probably spent 20 minutes total.
    Rolex Datejust II, and Submariner SS no-date; Panerai 000, 352, 1024; IWC 3777; Zenith El Primero; Hublot Classic Fusion Chrono; Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscape; Seiko SKX and Turtles

Re: Window shopping last night in Las Vegas

Window shopping in Vegas is always great fun.

Actually BUYING might be a different matter...altho on an item at this level? Maybe not so bad as on lower-tier stuff. Not like any VC boutique is gonna be at an outlet mall. :)
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Quote Originally Posted by drlvegas View Post
    My wife and I were invited to go watch the Steelers/Patriots debacle last night at the Palazzo. We hardly go the strip, so decided to do some window shopping after the game in the Canal shops which have AD's for many luxury brands. I'm currently interested in something stainless with a blue dial(much like many people, apparently). My plan is a new Overseas chrono with blue dial.

Anyhow, we started with a visit to the store that sells Glashutte Originals. I wanted to see the Seventies Panorama blue dial on bracelet in person. They only had two seventies--silver dials on leather straps. They had a good selection of senators and panos. The Panomatic Lunar in grey and blue are both real beauties in person. This store is also the AD for Grand Seiko which they had a nice selection of. They had 1 of 500 of a new GS diver which was a nice looking watch.

Next, downstairs to the store that carries VC. They had one Overseas dual time silver dial & that was it for Overseas. They had a few from each of the other collections. We were there about six months ago and this location had probably a dozen or so just in the Overseas collection with all the dial colors in chrono and three-hand. This location also carries A Lange, so we took a quick look at those. They had a fairly large selection of most models including the Lange 1 which is really beautiful in person.

On the way out, we passed the AP boutique, so made a quick stop there. They had nothing in the way of the traditional looking men's RO or ROO. Mostly small (37mm?) with diamond bezels, and a pre-owned piece on consignment that was supposedly owned by JZ. I asked the doorman how often they received the blue dial RO's. He told me they were a unicorn, and the store hadn't received one in 5-6 years.

This is just FYI for anyone interested. The stores in the canal shops are very nicely kept, carry a variety of brands, and are close together. You can do a lot of looking in a short period of time. We probably spent 20 minutes total.
    The Overseas has become a hot model. If you want one now, usually have to be ordered and discounts are becoming a thing of the past.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

The last time I window shopped in Las vegas left me drooling, It is always fun.

I like the Breguet store in Ceasar’s Palace. Nice design and good sales people. Also liked the Hublot store connected to the Aria.

Was there a few months ago for work related stuff and naturally ended up checking a few things out too. Would never buy down there but a great way to check out watches for sure.

I love window shopping for items I know I'll never afford but still appreciate!

Not surprised by the lack of Overseas watches. I agree window shopping is always a fun experience.

Walked down 5th Avenue in NYC today.... I didn't have time but jeesh - ALL of the boutiques are here:)

My Wife, sister and brother in law and I were in Vegas this past weekend. Alcohol and window shopping do not go together! Went to the Watch Boutiques at Caesars and Venetian. I have never encountered so many high ends brands in one area. There was A. Lange and Soehne - which I have only seen once - wow! The four of us ended up in the Blancpain store and struck up a conversation with the manager as he noticed my 50 fathoms. By the end of the day we had purchased 4 Blancpain watches. As much as I would like to get a VC or A. Lange & Soehne or PP or Brequet, I can't quite afford one. I do like the Blancpain designs, simplicity of the dial and workmanship. We were all happy with our purchases.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast