Looking for any info I can find about this clock that my grandfather had delivered from France

Thread: Looking for any info I can find about this clock that my grandfather had delivered from France

Looking for any info I can find about this clock that my grandfather had delivered from France

All I know about this clock is that my grandfather asked his sister to bring it back to the US from France some time no later than the late 1980s. My impression is that he had already brokered the deal and his sister was just taking delivery. Besides what the pictures show, that's all I know. My grandfather was, from what I can tell, a fairly discriminating antiques collector, so I'm assuming he felt the clock was (or would be) worth something. Since he passed away, the clock has been something of a white elephant, passing from family member to family member. I'd like to get some info about it so I can be informed when seeking out an appraiser/dealer in order to offload it--if it's even worth enough to bother doing that. Any guidance is welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Looking for any info I can find about this clock that my grandfather had delivered from France

The movement is not so old (for that kind of clock). I'd say early 20th century.
    The case is crackled, it must be repaired.
    The dial is in bad shape as well.
    The weight is missing (that's the easy part).

Remove the small screw in front of you: you'll be able to see markings, and weight length engraved on the main plate.
    BTW it seems this screw is upside down.

Name:  20190628_184303.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  112.3 KB

Even repaired, there's no real value in this, sorry.

Thanks for your reply. While it would have been nice to be able to get something for it, I appreciate your insight. Now at least I know I can dispose of it without regrets.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Looking for any info I can find about this clock that my grandfather had delivered from France

You're very welcome.

Keep it just as it is in your family for the souvenir, or why not donating it to a charity ?

Thread Information