Some questions about my new Gallo clock - Page 2

Thread: Some questions about my new Gallo clock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Some questions about my new Gallo clock

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Changes in temperature and humidity could alter timekeeping in some clocks. Older clocks with a wooden movement were much at risk. And the pendulum could be impacted. I would not expect short term cycling of accuracy in an environment with stable if high temperature and humidity.
    Could be that the moisture absorbing pads are causing the internal humidity to be inconsistent. After this October cycle I'll try doing without them. See if it improves anything.

Re: Some questions about my new Gallo clock

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Very cool. Thanks for the link. I will file this one away for now. It's definitely a project I might like to have a go at at some time in the near future.
    I posted more information here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f385/d...4896979-3.html, post #26 if I remember correctly. It took about a month to make and a year to get working properly. Somewhere in there I retrofitted the winding mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Could be that the moisture absorbing pads are causing the internal humidity to be inconsistent. After this October cycle I'll try doing without them. See if it improves anything.
    That would be my guess, although the fact that you replace the pads AND wind it monthly couples the two causes and one may mask the other. Eliminating the pads would be my first attempt but you could wind it say maybe twice a month and see if the deviation follows the winding period or the pad-changing period.
    I love the smell of carbamide in the morning, it smells like VICTORY.
    That ain't a double, I just like to stutter.
    Hack a wife's watch, keep her happy for a week, teach her to hack her own watch, keep her happy for life!
    Wife replies: ...teach her to hack her own watch, she doesn't need you anymore! 8^o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information