Armani AR-3125 - Is It Fake Or Do They Use Cheap Movements
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stalkerdenx

Thread: Armani AR-3125 - Is It Fake Or Do They Use Cheap Movements

Armani AR-3125 - Is It Fake Or Do They Use Cheap Movements

hi there

i bought this Armani AR-3125 watch used of ebay,
    the guy says he bought it for £450 about 8 years ago and has even had the glass replaced by armani themselves for £80 4 years ago,

when i popped the back of was surprised to see this cheap looking movement inside,
    i dont know enough about watches to make a call on it so thought id seek out some advice

,Name:  armani1.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  141.5 KB

its say swiss parts made in Thailand, i have been told that these fashion watches are made in china/Thailand,
    theres also seems to be like a service mark in the case

any help anyone can offer would be great
    thanks den

Re: Armani AR-3125 - Is It Fake Or Do They Use Cheap Movements

I believe it's probably real buddy. The service mark was most likely Armani when they replaced the crystal. The question is... Why would you pay that much for an Armani?

the watch should have a 3rd of carat of diamond with the 11 stones around the face
    thats why i think they cost that much back then i think you can get them for around £200 new now days

i only gave him £50 for it, for £50 its a really nice watch, but just looks cheap on the inside..lol
    Shepperdw likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's because nobody really looks at the inside of these things. That watch looks perfectly legit to me based on what I've seen of other fashion watches inside.

Sent from my GT-I8160

There are too many red flags that scream fake. A few reasons:

-There was never an AR3125, it's a fake model invented by counterfeiters.
    -Armani have recently started using swiss movements in some of the higher-end models but not in the past. Quartz watches should typically carry Citizen Miyota.
    -How can the watch be made in Thailand but stamped Hong Kong on the inside? (Both are wrong by the way, genuine Armanis are stamped China)

-Can't really tell from the picture but this looks like a cheaply constructed case where the case-back pops off easily. If you look at contemporaries by Armani, they're built with higher quality, so I don't see reason why a special diamond edition (if it even existed) would be made of poorer quality.

Quote Originally Posted by natnaes View Post
    There are too many red flags that scream fake. A few reasons:

-There was never an AR3125, it's a fake model invented by counterfeiters.
    -Armani have recently started using swiss movements in some of the higher-end models but not in the past. Quartz watches should typically carry Citizen Miyota.
    -How can the watch be made in Thailand but stamped Hong Kong on the inside? (Both are wrong by the way, genuine Armanis are stamped China)

-Can't really tell from the picture but this looks like a cheaply constructed case where the case-back pops off easily. If you look at contemporaries by Armani, they're built with higher quality, so I don't see reason why a special diamond edition (if it even existed) would be made of poorer quality.
    Would Armani have replaced the crystal if the watch was fake? Wouldn't have thought so...

Sent from my GT-I8160

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyDog View Post
    Would Armani have replaced the crystal if the watch was fake? Wouldn't have thought so...

Sent from my GT-I8160
    I certainly don't believe Armani replaced the crystal on the watch. There is no proof besides the owners words. What we have that are proof are the following:

-a watch claimed to be made in Thailand with swiss parts but stamped Hong Kong, when the original should say China.
    -a watch model number that returns a different design on the web depending on which site you're on, and no information mostly
    -a watch case which looks to be built of lower quality than its contemporary, lower priced counterparts

Emporio armani diamond range watches start from AR31, this model was relesed early 2005 and retail at 299, it increased the price to 325 around 2010 and discontinued around late 2011.

If you still feel its a fake than please send to fossil for verificarion.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; January 3rd, 2014 at 23:40.

fake as .... sorry mate
    Last edited by James Wierson; January 4th, 2014 at 04:18.

Thread Information