Daniel Wellington.
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Daniel Wellington.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Daniel Wellington.

Hello. Have been using the forum for a few weeks now but this is my first post here.

I am looking for a dress watch with a small budget. Have decided on a Daniel Wellington watch. However, I have a problem. The problem is that i've narrowed down to the two watches. One is the silver and the other is the rose gold. I don't mind any strap for the watch because I will also be adding a black leather + brown leather soon.

I have little to no experience on watches and how best to match them. Would appreciate if somebody would help me out on this.

The use for the watch is casual + formal as I will alternate between the straps. Which color would be better suited for use both as a formal watch and casual? The silver or the rose gold? Which one would be better suited to wear with BOTH brown and black leather shoes?

Thank you.

Either will work for black and brown shoes. Just match the strap to the shoes. I prefer gold for a dress watch, but this watch is plated and that will wear off. For this piece I would go with stainless

Re: Daniel Wellington.

Thank you. I'll go with the Silver then. Out of stock at the moment but I can wait.

P.S. can't post links since only 1 post. But google search Daniel Wellington Silver or Rose Gold will show you the watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would choose a classic brand, such as seiko, casio and even citizen. They have a few dress watches. DW is just a fashion brand, nothing sophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyye View Post
    I would choose a classic brand, such as seiko, casio and even citizen. They have a few dress watches. DW is just a fashion brand, nothing sophisticated.
    I' have to disagree with your comment.

The brand doesn't determine how sophisticated a watch is, the look does. Unless you think a Seiko Tuna is more sophisticated than a DW based on name alone...
    Veda and balzebub like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    The use for the watch is casual + formal as I will alternate between the straps. Which color would be better suited for use both as a formal watch and casual? The silver or the rose gold? Which one would be better suited to wear with BOTH brown and black leather shoes?
    Thank you.
    You can rock a rosegold accented watch with both brown and black shoes. I do it all the time. If you're really concerned about using a RG watch with black shoes which by nature is brownish then you can opt for the black strap. If you're talking about a full rose gold watch then you'd need to look the part to pull it off. Like perhaps with a biz suit.

The DW doesn't use sapphire, and they don't identify the movement (beyond 'Japanese quartz'). I worry less about the sapphire than some; this isn't a high-end piece, and it should be fine as it is. I don't like anonymity WRT the movement, altho I'm less worried about it with Japanese quartz. Might be a mistake, but I take that to mean Seiko or Miyota, most of the time. But I think that's the heart of the concern.

For OP: I agree, go stainless, just to avoid any potential problems with plating. Gold vs. steel is not going to be relevant at this level; arguably gold might even be pretentious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TeHamburglar View Post
    I' have to disagree with your comment.

The brand doesn't determine how sophisticated a watch is, the look does. Unless you think a Seiko Tuna is more sophisticated than a DW based on name alone...
    Precisely a blue Orient Bambino is far more sophisticated than a steel Datejust.

Welcome to the forums!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Technically, DW is extremely cheap. A case study of doing a superb marketing campaign. Still they look ok-ish unlike many fashion watches.
    Even so I urge you to check out one of the Orient Bambino variants.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information