Does skagen have any watch with sapphire crystal?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does skagen have any watch with sapphire crystal?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does skagen have any watch with sapphire crystal?

Hi!

I have 2 skagens which I just LOVE the thin and minimal design. However, the glass broke on both watches, within less than a 1 year.

That sort of thing never happened with my Tissots, which have sapphire crystal.

So I was wondering if I could buy a replacement glass for my skagen, but instead a sapphire crystal one.

Or if that's not possible, I would like to purchase one that already has sapphire from skagen.

So far that's the only brand that makes thing and stylish watches! They just needed to be more resistant.

Re: Does skagen have any watch with sapphire crystal?

Unusual to have two watch crystals just suddenly break. The only time I've had a watch crystal break was when it was slammed into something. Like a soccer goal post. You could contact Skagen in Nevada for replacement parts. I've dealt with them and they are very helpful. I've seen titanium cased Skagen watches with sapphire crystals so you might ask them for a list of current models with that feature.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Just da a google search for Skagen + sapphire and you will find some ladies and mens watches with sapphire crystal. Simple.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well guys the only one I found was the Skagen Men's 808X.

I will contact skagen to see in they can replace the broken glass for a sapphire in my titanium mesh model. I hope they do cause that 808X doesn't look that great.

You should probably think carefully about upgrading the crystals on your Skagen watches (if even possible economically) I'm not sure how your crystals broke, but if they are anything like my Titanium Skagen, they don't have much in the way of bezels to begin with, making them susceptible to cracking or shattering. This would be especially true with sapphire which is harder than mineral and more scratch resistant, but worse when it comes to shattering on impacts.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak3 View Post
    Well guys the only one I found was the Skagen Men's 808X.
    ?????
    Only from a quick search, there are more
    Skagen Slimline Mesh Titanium Mens Watch 233LTMB
    Skagen Black Dial Stainless Steel Black Leather Mens Watch 984LSLBB
    Skagen Black Dial Mens Watch 989XLSLB
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by Aleric View Post
    You should probably think carefully about upgrading the crystals on your Skagen watches (if even possible economically) I'm not sure how your crystals broke, but if they are anything like my Titanium Skagen, they don't have much in the way of bezels to begin with, making them susceptible to cracking or shattering. This would be especially true with sapphire which is harder than mineral and more scratch resistant, but worse when it comes to shattering on impacts.
    My skagen broke from impact. It wasnt even very hard. And it happen twice, the same model though.

I also have 3 tissots with sapphire crystal which have been through a lot more pressure and are perfectly fine.

I thought sapphire would be good as it is supposed to resist much more to impacts, right.

ps: stuffler, this one http://www.amazon.com/Skagen-233LTMB.../dp/B0000C9ZBW is mineral
    Last edited by sneak3; December 22nd, 2013 at 00:16.

As far as "impacts" go, I think mineral would be better than sapphire. Sapphire being a harder material makes it more brittle than mineral, but more "scratch" resistant. Two different properties involved here. So, based on what you've described re: what occurred with your Skagen watches, it is very likely that a sapphire crystal would have cracked as well.

I think the problem has more to do with the design of watch rather than the crystal material. Skagen cases are very low profile (thin) and have large dial openings with thin bezels. Looking at my Titanium Skagen, I can see just how delicate it is. Mine currently has a dead battery, so I'm a little worried about changing the battery and the pressure involved when I open the case.

My various "sapphire crystaled" watches, such as my Tissot, Rado, Citizen and others have cases built completely different so sapphire works for them apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak3 View Post
    Ps: sneak3, another quote: Slim black titanium case with a black titanium mesh bracelet. Fixed titanium bezel. Black dial with silver-tone hands and stick hour markers. Quartz movement. Scratch resistant sapphire crystal. Solid case back. Case diameter: 34 mm. Case thickness: 6 mm. Jewelry clasp. Water resistant at 30 meters / 100 feet. Skagen Slimline Mesh Titanium Mens Watch 233LTMB.

But I am sure you will find a Skagen with sapphire crystal. Should not be that difficult.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I own a couple of skagen's as well their thin sleek look it is a fashion watch cannot stand the daily wear and tear one of mine the glass broke I think it is because it is made delicate the watch still works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information