First Watch. Insight would be much appreciated!

Thread: First Watch. Insight would be much appreciated!

First Watch. Insight would be much appreciated!

So, I think I have done a good job talking myself out of Vestal, Emporio Armani, Nixon. I have found a watch I like and would like some other insight on it. It is a Bulova 96C105 Bulova 96C105 Dress Men's watch - YouTube. Now as the title states this would be my first watch and I am new to the scene. What are your thoughts on this watch? Pro's Con's?

From my point of view I have heard good things about Bulova, and at the price point this watch is at do not see how you can beat it.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

Re: First Watch. Insight would be much appreciated!

Well it is a nice dress watch with an interesting design. And those are the only Pro's about it.
    The Con's : cheap quartz movement, no value if you want to sell it in the future, mineral crystal can be easily scratched, typical water resistance (not for diving).
    Of course this is my opinion.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Moved thread. Our review sub forum is for reviews only. If you do not know where to post go to forums.watchuseek.com
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vmed_cha_gr View Post
    Well it is a nice dress watch with an interesting design. And those are the only Pro's about it.
    The Con's : cheap quartz movement, no value if you want to sell it in the future, mineral crystal can be easily scratched, typical water resistance (not for diving).
    Of course this is my opinion.
    I like the design. Very "dressy" looking. For well under $200, I don't know if you could expect much more for the money spent. The movement should be fine. If you are talking about a good mechanical automatic movement, sapphire crystal, diver level water resistance, etc, then you're talking about a much higher price category.

However, be careful with that large mineral crystal. Not much in the way of a bezel there. I don't know how careful you are with your watch wearing habits, but avoiding scratches would be something I'd watch out for.

good luck.

Pros:

1) I like the bracelet clasp.
    2) I like the bezel design.

Cons:

1) not a true chronograph (it's a day/date with a 24-hour subdial as well).
    2) you can find it online for just over half the price shown in the video.
    3) Bulova has offerings I think are superior to this particular watch, e.g. the 96A108, the 98B128 (a true chronograph), and the 96A136.
    4) some of its features (specifically mineral crystal and low water resistance) are not conducive to long-lasting durability.
    "Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events; great minds discuss ideas."

As of 2019.05.17:

Victorinox Swiss Army Dive Master 500 #241421 Chronograph (reserve, exercise, outdoors stuff)
    Omega ref. 166.0117, 1020 mvt., stainless steel (reserve)
    Orient Ray II (daily beater)
    Stuhrling Original Montague mechanical (modified; daily beater)

...and a number of no-name watches for parts and tinkering

Nice lookin dressy watch the only con that I see is with its look should have been a little more sleek or slim looking the watch seems a little to thick to me.

Thread Information