Fossil FS-2941 Arkitekt Bracelet Replacement Issue

Thread: Fossil FS-2941 Arkitekt Bracelet Replacement Issue

Fossil FS-2941 Arkitekt Bracelet Replacement Issue

Hey guys, first time post so hopefully I can get some help here.

I have a Fossil Arkitekt series FS-2941. Sort of a Cartier Tank homage in the gold and stainless steel color-way.
    I am trying to swap the bracelet out, but am having a lot of trouble getting the pin out of the first link.
    The band is a little different than I am used to, instead of having a spring clip and a shaped top link, its two solid links with two sets of pins and then the bracelet starts.
    The pin holding the wider section has bent two different push pins I have tried in my little kit and hasn't budged a micrometer. I know its 22mm and seems like it should be replaceable, just can not seem to get it to move.
    The pins have no slot so I know its not a screw style pin, but I just can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be really appreciated.

Just trying to swap over to a leather band as its sort of my dress watch while I save up for a swiss piece.
    (Just getting into automatic watches and these forums have been crucial to my understanding the differences in movements. Will never part with my Fossils as they were either mementos or gifts, but will probably be moving on to some more midlevel, non-quartz pieces from here on out.)

Cheers!

Re: Fossil FS-2941 Arkitekt Bracelet Replacement Issue

Quote Originally Posted by RunItOut5 View Post
    Hey guys, first time post so hopefully I can get some help here.

I have a Fossil Arkitekt series FS-2941. Sort of a Cartier Tank homage in the gold and stainless steel color-way.
    I am trying to swap the bracelet out, but am having a lot of trouble getting the pin out of the first link.
    The band is a little different than I am used to, instead of having a spring clip and a shaped top link, its two solid links with two sets of pins and then the bracelet starts.
    The pin holding the wider section has bent two different push pins I have tried in my little kit and hasn't budged a micrometer. I know its 22mm and seems like it should be replaceable, just can not seem to get it to move.
    The pins have no slot so I know its not a screw style pin, but I just can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be really appreciated.

Just trying to swap over to a leather band as its sort of my dress watch while I save up for a swiss piece.
    (Just getting into automatic watches and these forums have been crucial to my understanding the differences in movements. Will never part with my Fossils as they were either mementos or gifts, but will probably be moving on to some more midlevel, non-quartz pieces from here on out.)

Cheers!
    Try to take some pictures and post them; that'll give us a visual understanding of your problem ...if you haven't solved it yet ;)
    "Every watch has its own function." GP 2015.

Thread Information