Found my old Bvlgari Diagono with a small dent
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Romulux

Thread: Found my old Bvlgari Diagono with a small dent

Found my old Bvlgari Diagono with a small dent

I was looking through my drawer and I found the watch my parents gave when I was about high school or so. It is a Bvlgari Diagono Aluminum.

As I was just starting to get interested in watches I was somewhat pleased to know that it does work when I picked it up. (A little Googling says it has an ETA). I vaguely remember this watch being an automatic and used to play and move it to charge it up.

Being a reckless kid back in the day, I dropped it once and the impact left a dent on the side of the case. The rubber itself has shown wear and tear with cracks. But other than that it still works perfectly.

Now my question is:

1. Would authorized Bvlgari service centers be able to restore this watch into good condition? Mainly the dent on the case.

2. This watch must have been close to 10 years old. Would the rubber straps be restorable?

3. I have pretty much outgrown this watch. None of it appeals to me now, other than the pleasant surprise that the automatic movement is still running (don't know the accuracy). So I am not sure what I want to do with it. Do I bring it for service and then flip it? Do I just flip it as is? Keep in mind that I've lost all the books, papers, and box. This surely will hit the resale value?

I am not sure if asking for estimate value is against the rules of the forum.
    Name:  IMG_1362.JPG
Views: 449
Size:  172.3 KBName:  IMG_1360.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  185.8 KBName:  IMG_1361.JPG
Views: 437
Size:  183.3 KB

Re: Found my old Bvlgari Diagono with a small dent

Very nice watch back in the day. Unfortunately styles and case sizes have changed though. Very few here pay attention to the Bulgari brand. I have a Bulgari SD38 which was if I'm not mistaken is the Stainless Steel Scuba Diver version of the aluminium Diagono. Bulgari can fix your case but be prepared to pay though the nose as they would most likely replace the case. Regarding your rubber strap, it is not restorable. You must purchase a new complete strap exclusively from Bulgari. The proprietary rubber strap on my SD38 which includes the clasp is $550 installed from a Bulgari AD. I must say Bulgari's are well put together watches with impressive accuracy. Mine ran +1 from day one. As for your question of value or to flip maybe someone else will chime in. You could check Ebay for used pricing.

Last edited by Up-n-coming; December 7th, 2014 at 03:03. Reason: better pic

Yeah I can't imagine wearing it now. Too bland.

I'm trying the secondhand watch dealers. I dont really see the point restoring it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Up-n-coming likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think it looks great; and your parents are awesome for giving that to you :)

Hang onto it, you might have an inkling to wear it somewhere down the road- and it's got sentimental value hopefully since your parents got it for you.

Not sure how much luck you would have repairing the case. Bvlgari would probably be more likely to replace the case than repair it. Nice looking watch though. If you decide to just move on from it, PM me a price!

Due to the age, if you decide to keep it, it would be worth getting it serviced. You do not want to wear it and ruin the movement completely.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Just went to a shop and they say it needs overhauling. Costs more than an offer I had.

Where are you located? Can you send a PM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information