Iíve just purchase a pair of these for my wife. Havenít even arrived yet. My wife fell in love with the basic design at a local retailer here in Toronto, but they had very limited inventory and high prices too. In the end I bought online. One is a new, limited edition model. The other a mechanical vintage. Apparently the mechanical ones used hand winding Chopard movements.

These watches have an interesting and very unusual design history and philosophy. The designer, Vivianna Torun, was a woman ahead of her time.

Later on she designed her ever so famous bangle watches for an exhibition at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs at the Louvre, where the theme was an "object you hate". Her abhorrence of time, and its relentless march forward had driven her to create a simple watch with no numbers, and in fact only a second hand: an object of timely function rendered into a mere ornament about the wrist! It's mirrored face was meant to simply reflect back the wearer's face, reminding them of the preciousness of this very second. It wasn't until Georg Jensen produced the watch in 1967, the first watch it ever put into production that the hour and minute hands were added, becoming one of her most notable designs. Later, due to the limitations of the bangle design, another version was created with a detachable leather strap.

Torun ‚ÄĒ Jensensilver.com

Here are a couple of photos. More when they actually arrive.

Name:  DE1FFBD1-52C2-4ADD-9B10-47E9F1A779A2.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  181.0 KBName:  9450B12E-789F-4E68-BAE7-DD0FE7A85576.jpeg
Views: 167
Size:  649.0 KB

Iím also curious to know if anybody else here owns one of these?