Giorgio Armani is launching Swiss made watches for the first time ever

Thread: Giorgio Armani is launching Swiss made watches for the first time ever

Confused Giorgio Armani is launching Swiss made watches for the first time ever

With the buzz of Basel World in action there is no shortage of covetable watches coming our way, but the latest addition from the Italian fashion empire Emporio Armani truly tugs at our heart-strings.

Inspired by the thirties and forties, touted as the age of ultimate elegance much admired by Giorgio Armani, their very first Swiss-made timepiece represents a fusion of modernity and sophistication typical of Armani, offering an effortless way to transform a look from elementary to collector-worthy.

First launched in 1997, Emporio Armani watches quickly grew into a widely recognizable fashion-branded collection backed by its iconic designer Giorgio Armani, but despite their strong style statements, their technical side remains crave-worthy.

This year, Giorgio Armani is launching Swiss made watches for the first time everwhich puts high precision movements into a sophisticated watch silhouette inspired by old school elegance.

Fabric fluidly draping and flowing with the body's movement is the core inspiration behind the collections, and the design is a true homage to the style of the Thirties and Forties with signature elements like fine leather straps and elegant bracelets, cabochon crowns, and a luxurious color palette.

There is also an elevated sense of refinement via a discreet adjustment of details - for example, moving the eagle logo from the dial to the clasp - to signify the shift from fashion to horology.

Name:  Watch1.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  23.6 KBName:  watch2.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  21.3 KBName:  watch3.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  24.2 KB

Name:  sketch.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  73.1 KB

will they be good?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Giorgio Armani is launching Swiss made watches for the first time ever

Already unveiled at Milan Fashion Week, the Giorgio Armani Swiss timepieces will be produced under license by Fossil, and will make their grand public debut at BaselWorld in March. So quality will be as good as any other watch made by Fossil.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I'll bet even money they'll be assembled in SAME factory as the recently announced Swiss Made Fossil line - Ticino !
    That would make huge sense and be a first for Switzerland. That is, an American owned company making multiple brands of watches in one Swiss factory!
    Whoot! take about role reversal/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Already unveiled at Milan Fashion Week, the Giorgio Armani Swiss timepieces will be produced under license by Fossil, and will make their grand public debut at BaselWorld in March. So quality will be as good as any other watch made by Fossil.
    I've asked this before on here and will continue to do so. Have you had any quality concerns with Fossil watches?

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    That's funny... I was looking at the images of these watches and thinking ".... they look just like the Fossil Swiss watches." Go figure.... wonder if they'll carry the same price tag or take it up a notch?

Quote Originally Posted by Isop View Post
    I've asked this before on here and will continue to do so. Have you had any quality concerns with Fossil watches?
    Quality concerns? Not at all. They are perfectly acceptable for what they are: a reasonably nice, if not slightly over-priced fashion watch that has decent build quality and decent designs. I love my Fossil Decker. It mates up quite nicely with a high-quality bracelet like my Strapcode Engineer...

I have had no issues with my Decker and it is a fun Omega Speedmaster-ish homage for not too much money. Is it a serious watch? Not a chance, but I keep that in context with what it is (nice fashion watch) and what I paid for it (less than retail) and all is good.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isop View Post
    There's more to find on WUS....Do a search.

Rust within the first year

Name:  352767d1290511610-fossil-rusted-less-than-year-s-20101123_mg_8552-choen-fossil.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  159.1 KB

Name:  352774d1290511839-fossil-rusted-less-than-year-s-choen-20101123_mg_8546-fossil-crop-b.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  211.7 KB

Rust on another Fossil

Name:  366ABAB9-B153-4E25-94C2-4A26829A940B-14618-00000DDB2C137AEF_zpsfa186e13.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  155.2 KB
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Interesting problem, I can't say I fully understand what happened there, it looks like it may be grime as well as rust but I don't know. However, the problem isn't isolated to Fossil, I've seen this on Timex and even on G-shock, which are also stainless steel constructions.

Thread Information