I KNOW what Fossil watch this is. But it doesn't exist online?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Damien666
  • 1 Post By natnaes

Thread: I KNOW what Fossil watch this is. But it doesn't exist online?

I KNOW what Fossil watch this is. But it doesn't exist online?

There's a lot of "Identify this watch" threads, but my watch has the serial number clearly printed on it: BQ1142. I just find it curious that I don't see it online anywere - I'm not looking for info or anything (All the info that's really relevant is written on the back!), I just find it really odd that this watch doesn't show up at all in any searches - I've googled it, gone through pages of google images, searched for just general fossil watches, fossil automatic watches, etc etc.
    I recognize all the other watches that were on the shelf beside this one!
    Is that unusual in the world of watches?

This is it. I of course put my camera away and realized I never took a picture of the back, so the back is a crappy iPhone picture...

Name:  _8300009-Edit.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  162.5 KB

Name:  _8300015-Edit.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  120.3 KB

Name:  watch.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  181.6 KB
    arsenic likes this.

Re: I KNOW what Fossil watch this is. But it doesn't exist online?

I wouldn't be worried if you got it from an AD, some models from fashion brands (due to it being too old or too new), just haven't been uploaded on the site or have been removed. These brands churn out many new models over the year and often remove the "outdated" models. The only thing that caught my eye is that usually Fossil mechanicals have blue screws and golden wheels, while yours seems to be all silver. The rotor should also be more decorated, and there should be a box with the strap width notated next to the FOSSIL logo.

Again, these slight differences could be due to this watch being an old model (new mechanical models should start with ME as the model number). My bet would be that this is an old model. :)
    stuffler,mike likes this.

That's a nice looking Fossil, I like it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The only blue screws are the ones visible on the front... I'm not too worried as I bought it from a Fossil store. I would definitely believe it's a really old model - they only had two of them and I could see by the price tags it went from $450 to $295 to $199, and I ultimately paid $134 for it because I happened to be there during a one day only sale on everything that wasn't new stock.

I've been kind of obsessively monitoring how well it keeps time because it's my first mechanical watch - my method is to take a picture of it with my iPhone, because the exact time (as well as an iPhone keeps it) is recorded in the exif data in the picture of the watch face.

I think I might develop a watch habit now...

Hey, I just bought the exact same watch today, as well in a genuine Fossil store. Curious as I am I did some internet searches of my own and stumbled onto your post.

From what I can see in your pictures it looks exactly the same. I paid €135,- for this watch which I think it is more than worth. It looks fantastic and it's not too bulky to wear, I'm really happy with it.

I have te same feeling about developing a watch habbit, yet another expensive hobby.... Anyways, I hope you can have as much joy of wearing this nice watch as I have.

I noticed that there is a gold/silver two tone looking model that IS online - the BQ1143.

Name:  BQ1143.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  194.1 KB

Floating around random websites like this and ebay: http://www.dressy123.com/index.php/w...er-bq1143.html
    Mine is the BQ1142 which is just the same thing but without the goldy two tone look. Which one do you have?

Well then there we have it! Welcome to the hobby, I must say you have pretty slick photography skills.

Nice looking watch, sounds like you got it for a fair price. Wear it in good health!
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Thread Information