Kors got me fooled again, at Costco.
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Kors got me fooled again, at Costco.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kors got me fooled again, at Costco.

So i am in Costco looking at watches and see this watch,

Name:  kors.JPG
Views: 3749
Size:  25.0 KB

It's not really my style but looks nice. I looked at the watch(but oddly enough not the brand) and my eyes shifted to the price and i see $139 and i am thinking "hmmmmm, that's interesting, wonder who makes it" and then i saw the dreaded name. Michael KORS.

BTW, Costco now sells some serious watches, i don't understand why the website does not show all the watches they sell in the store. Good Seikos and Tags, someone in here wrote that their Costco has an IWC.

Re: Kors got me fooled again, at Costco.

What's so dreadful about that? A number of large design houses like Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Kennith Cole, Ferragamo, Coach and others offer decent quality, reasonably priced, nicely styled watches with Swiss quartz movements, some with Swiss mechanical movements, for those on small budgets. I was in Spain recently and such watches were very common with the ordinary man on the street. Nothing wrong with looking good for less, and bragging about price. And other design houses like Louis Vitton, Ralph Lauren, Bulgari and others have entered the real of truly fine timepieces, using JLC and even in house manufactured movements.

We'd rather brag about Pateks, GOs, and Zeniths, but there is room for all.
    Last edited by Gary123; February 23rd, 2014 at 20:42.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

My advice would be to walk away, resist the urge to make an impulse buy and save your money to buy the next tier of watch that you really like the look of. Many of us have been there and done that and recognize that walking away from impulse buys gives you money to buy nicer watches. You guys newer to this sickness can benefit from our foibles. Jmho
    Kevin
    JATO757 and Aleric like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good grief! If you like the style why not buy it and enjoy at that price??? What difference does it make whether MK or some other name is on the dial. It wasn't made by that company and it should be a perfectly good watch.
    Last edited by John MS; February 23rd, 2014 at 06:16.
    jpfgiii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    If you like the style why not buy it and enjoy at that price??? What difference does it make whether MK or some other name is on the dial. It wasn't made by that company.
    I refuse to buy watch from a company that does not do them.

Michael Kors watches are made by Fossil, and Fossil also makes Armani Exchange, Burberry, Diesel, Emporio Armani, Marc Jacobs, Michele, and Zodiac watches. They are decently made, and if you don't pay too much for them, then what's the problem? My wife and I have a few Coach watches, and she also has a Burberry watch, and they have been reliable, well made watches for the price we paid for them.

chuasam, novedl and jpfgiii like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaurchin View Post
    So i am in Costco looking at watches and see this watch,

Name:  kors.JPG
Views: 3749
Size:  25.0 KB

It's not really my style but looks nice. I looked at the watch(but oddly enough not the brand) and my eyes shifted to the price and i see $139 and i am thinking "hmmmmm, that's interesting, wonder who makes it" and then i saw the dreaded name. Michael KORS.

BTW, Costco now sells some serious watches, i don't understand why the website does not show all the watches they sell in the store. Good Seikos and Tags, someone in here wrote that their Costco has an IWC.

Costco has been selling serious watches for years.

VIEW MY SALES FEEDBACK>>>>HERE

/¯¯l¯¯¯l¯¯[_\__\]
    l¯¯ l¯¯¯l¯¯¯L-_O|||||||O_
    ¯()_)¯¯¯¯¯¯()_)¯¯¯¯¯()_)

I don't understand this kind of snobbery...if it looks nice and u like it..so what if its a fashion quartz watch?
    Frogdude, Watchnut12 and jpfgiii like this.

Ita

Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post
    I don't understand this kind of snobbery...if it looks nice and u like it..so what if its a fashion quartz watch?
    Oh please...

I only came here to be a snob...

I have been learning and improving at a fast rate.. Stop being reasonable!!

Ita
    Well, it's so good to be here,
    asleep on your lawn.
    Remember your guard dog?
    Well, I'm afraid that he's gone.

That's just like not willing to date an attractive woman who happens to be your type, just because you think her name is funny...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast