Let me tell you a story about Fossil
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By happytrees

Thread: Let me tell you a story about Fossil

Let me tell you a story about Fossil

Well now. I just wanted to give you all a warning. I recently bought a skeleton boyfriend watch from Fossil for my fiancee.

I bought it on cyber Monday on sale for 25% off. After going through the checkout process, I got the confirmation email. After looking at it, I found out that they snuck in a charge for a "tin" to put the watch in that I had not added to my cart. Strike 1. The cart also had on the list of items, a free holiday tin, so apparently they charged me for a tin and give me two? It made no sense. Well I called them about this and eventually the refunded me that.

After waiting some time, I finally got the product in the mail. There was only one tin, so they lied on the confirmation, but I didn't care too much considering I got it refunded and didn't even add one to my cart. (The tin is basically just the case for the watch.) But now the watch I received was broken, partly because of how they ship the watch in the tin is ridiculous. (The tin just has a thin cardboard slot and a super thin cardboard ring for the watch to wrap around. It is basically free to rattle around in a box.) Strike 2. I called and they stated that there was a return slip in the box and I could send it back for an exchange. I find it funny that they automatically ship a return slip in all their products. Do they have that many issues?

Well I shipped it back and waited forever to get any word. The day I was going to call them about it (About 2 weeks after I got the item) I get an email about them getting the watch. Then about 5 min later, I get an email stating that my order for a new, full price watch was placed... Strike 3. After calling them and explaining them the situation, I discovered how stupid their system is. Aparently the standard for them is for processing returns/exchanges is to get the watch, give a refund, and then charge for a new watch. Who the hell ever does things like that! It just ties up money in the account for no reason. Well the issue is they didn't give me the refund, and they charged me for the new price. I would not deal with Fossil online ever again. If you have to deal with a broken watch .. heaven forbid.

tl;dr Fossil exchange policy involves them refunding you for your old watch and charging you again. Watch your bank account and be prepared to fight with them.
    huyghe27 likes this.

Re: Let me tell you a story about Fossil

The only thing I ever buy from Fossil are straps.
    Starting to move away from that, though.
    Their watch sales associates are incredibly obnoxious and they just rub me the wrong way.
    Maybe it's just the guy I talked to - called my actual dive watch "dive watch inspired" - kept recommending me straps I don't care for.
    Seiko SKX009 | Timex Expedition Chronograph | Casio MRW200H | Swiss Army Field Watch | Original Pebble Smartwatch

Maybe it's just the stores I go to (Mall Fossil store, Outlet Mall Fossil store) but the kids working there are very friendly and helpful. They just don't know anything about the watches they sell, other than "I REALLY like the way this one looks!. It's my FAVORITE!..."
    Other examples:
    1. I bought an automatic Townsman from the Outlet store. Really good looking watch. But when I tried to engage them about the movement, and who made it, the girl said, "Oh Fossil makes the movement! Yep!..."
    NOPE. I even knew before I walked in that it was a Japanese movement. But she SWORE up and down that it was a Fossil movement. Whatever...I just nodded and left.

2. While in Vegas last week I went into at least 3, different Fossil stores. I wanted to see if they had any of the Fossil Swiss Made Automatics.
    STORE #1: "No, you have to go to a bigger Fossil store for those>"
    STORE #2: "We stopped making those"
    STORE #3: "No, Fossil stopped producing them, but we still have the remaining stock online."
    Back home, at the Mall Fossil store: "No, Fossil didn't stop making them. We're just not going to make so many, different models anymore..."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like they need to get their story straight. Why they would let misinformed people work at their store fronts is beyond me...

I find the stores are very good. I bought a used fossil watch on eBay. It stopped working so I went into the fossil store in my city and they swapped it for a brand new one off the shelf. Then, a few months later it stopped again and I returned it for a full refund. No questions asked. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from the brick and mortar store. Very good customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a quartz Fossil I bought at Macy's in 1995 for $85. It was a Fossil Blue model. Back in about 2000 I scratches the crystal on a barbed wire fence, but the watch still worked fine. A couple years ago when I really started getting into watches, I decided because it was the oldest watch in my collection and I had sentimental value to it, I would send it in to Fossil to see if they would fix the crystal and put a new battery in it. I think the charge was like $50 to send it in. A few weeks after sending it to them I got a letter in the mail apologizing because they no longer had parts for the watch. It also included a $120 gift certificate to Fossil to be put towards a new watch, and they refunded me the $50 I spent when sending it in for repairs. A couple days later, I also got my watch back (they paid to send it back to me). To me that is pretty good service. I ended up taking my original watch to a watch repair store, and got a new crystal put on it for $20 :). Also the Fossil store in the Prime Outlets in Houston will replace batteries on any Fossil watch free of charge. People can say what they want, but I am a Fossil fan and customer for life, their service has been nothing short of great for me.

Reaffirms my long held policy of never buying from this company.

Banned

I bought Fossil watch, silver colored watch. I personally like the look and of course the brand. I have been buying the products of this brand. They gave me very good customer service and I would say , I am a loyal customer to Fossil.

Thread Information