Michael Kors garbage?
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Michael Kors garbage?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Michael Kors garbage?

Hi all, I recently noticed that the fashion company Michael Kors also sells watches priced 300-ish. Never heard of their watches before so wondering if they are garbage. First they don't even specify the movement on their own site, which is a red flag (Amazon shows that they make both quartz and automatic ones). Myself is probably never going to buy one (has a Casio dress watch for now and is after a Seiko 5 soon) but just out of curiosity i would ask whether MK is a "real" watchmaker, as they are selling watches without all the great functionality of a Citizen ED (which is my goal in near future) but with equally high price

Re: Michael Kors garbage?

Ben you can safely bet the farm, that any Michael Kors watch was constructed in an Asian shop with 6 dollar Japanese quartz movements which costs Kors even less per unit to buy due to bulk purchasing. That don't necessarily mean it's not a good watch, at the very least 50% will last a full battery cycle, unless you get them wet. In six months or so you will find them online or at your local discount store for $19.99

Exactly what they wanted in the fashion watch segment, my guess would be 80% will sell or trash their watch after battery goes bye bye.

People buying it will not be amused with cosc, complication, etc, it's a fashion watch :)
    bigkeeko likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I believe they are just rebranded and overpriced Fossil watches.

I'll bet a Seiko 5 is a far superior watch, but 99.9% of people you encounter won't know that.

For $300 it serves it's purpose, to get oohs and ahhs from that 99.9%.
    bigkeeko and Leandro AR like this.

Michael Kors are made by Fossil. They are most likely manufactured at the Fossil plant in China.

Other licensed watches from Fossil include Burberry, DKNY, Emporio Armani, Armani Exchange, Columbia Sportswear, Diesel, Frank Gehry, Karl Lagerfeld, Callaway Golf, Davis Cup, Marc Jacobs and Adidas.

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

I don't believe Michael Kors is a watchmaker.

Ball Engineer II Ohio (NM1026C-SJ-WH) | Hamilton Khaki Aviation (H76565125) | Omega Dynamic III (5250.50.00) | Omega De Ville (BA 161.024) | Tag Heuer Kirium Chronometer (WL5112) | Victorinox Cavalry (Marlboro Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by portauto View Post
    Michael Kors are made by Fossil. They are most likely manufactured at the Fossil plant in China.

Other licensed watches from Fossil include Burberry, DKNY, Emporio Armani, Armani Exchange, Columbia Sportswear, Diesel, Frank Gehry, Karl Lagerfeld, Callaway Golf, Davis Cup, Marc Jacobs and Adidas.

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    That's unbelievable. Apparently upmarket names like Armani, Burberry and Karl Lagerfeld!!?? What a ripoff. They should all be whipped with a wet bamboo cane.
    "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" Leonardo Da Vinci

No one on this forum can speculate as to how long a Michael Kors watch will last you, because it all depends. If you get lucky, it will last you 10 years. I personally don't have anything against the company, but if I were to look at spending around 300 dolllars (US), I wouldn't invest it into a Michael Kors. 100-150 maybe, but nothing over that. Just my 2¢.
    ~Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by deluxeswiss View Post
    That's unbelievable. Apparently upmarket names like Armani, Burberry and Karl Lagerfeld!!?? What a ripoff. They should all be whipped with a wet bamboo cane.
    These are all fashion brands, not watch manufacturers.. it's the equivalent of purchasing Omega Cologne or Tag Heuer sunglasses and discovering they outsourced production to someone else, it should come as no surprise

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Leandro AR and DanishGirl like this.
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by portauto View Post

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Burberry is Fossil?!? How disappointing. They want at least 500 for one and i almost fell for it.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast