Michael Kors watch?
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Michael Kors watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Michael Kors watch?

I was thinking of buying my girlfriend a watch when I said Michael Kors jokingly she lit up. I was wondering are the watches any good or am I just paying for the name like most fashion designers. I mean I bought her a tiffany ring. I know I mostly paid for the name for that I just want to buy something that's not just name and is actually good. So my question is are Michael Kors watch's any good or should I buy here a Seiko or Orient instead?

Re: Michael Kors watch?

Quote Originally Posted by bdemutis View Post
    I was thinking of buying my girlfriend a watch when I said Michael Kors jokingly she lit up. I was wondering are the watches any good or am I just paying for the name like most fashion designers. I mean I bought her a tiffany ring. I know I mostly paid for the name for that I just want to buy something that's not just name and is actually good. So my question is are Michael Kors watch's any good or should I buy here a Seiko or Orient instead?
    No, I know of two friends who had Michael Kors watches and both of theirs had the crowns came right out. Honestly, I know they were not the best quality but I thought they would last a bit better because I think Michael Kors watches are actually made by Fossil. I expected a little more but don't go for a Michael Kors.

If you absolutely have to go with a fashion watch, go with maybe a Burberry atleast. Some of them are actually Swiss made. Where are you from? I've been to WatchStation and they sometimes have Burberry's cheaper than a new Michael Kors. I also have an Armani ceramic.....not bad but Burberry is better.

Otherwise, you might as well go with a $200 Seiko....if you want a WUS-approved brand. :)
    Dark_K and Konliner like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Casio G-Shock DW-9000 (Clear) - Citizen BL5250-02L - Citizen BL8000-54L 8700 Calibre - HMT Pilot - Seiko SKX007 - Seiko SRP309J1 "Orange Monster" - Seiko SSC021

I would definitely not get her a Seiko or Orient. The only people you will impress is other WIS, and we don't count, at all. Unless you're willing to go up to something like an Omega, something that is generally recognized as a "fashion" brand is best. Like the prior post suggested Burberry would be pretty decent choice.

Of course, I'm assuming from your comment that "fashion" brands are what she recognizes. I'd still look at the Michael Kors, as well. Besides, if you purchase somewhere like Nordstrom's or Bloomingdales, QC will be less of a concern since the department store will want to protect their reputation.

After all, it's about making her happy.
    Last edited by frogger17; May 3rd, 2014 at 07:30.
    LJUSMC, X2-Elijah and dsbe90 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was thinking of buying my girlfriend a watch when I said Michael Kors jokingly she lit up
    Thats all the reason you need to get her a Michael Kors watch. Maybe she wants one to match her Michael Kors purse or shoes.
    dsbe90 and Konliner like this.

I'm going to tell you a secret: If you want to be happy, get her the one she wants, no matter how stupid or ugly you think it is. If she wants it for the name, then buy it for the name. If she want's it because all her friends have it, then get it.

She thinks differently than you - just go with it. :)
    "I'm just a man who loves savings... and pie."

Maybe a calvin klein watch would do? I *think* those were slightly better quality, and the name is very well known anyways.

But, yes, under no circumstances buy a "normal" brand - she wants a famous fashion name, so get her one of those. The problem with emporio armani watches is that they are branded as 'mens' watches - I think it *might* be a male fashion brand, so not the best pick for a ladyfriend...
    Last edited by X2-Elijah; May 3rd, 2014 at 07:43.
    NTH Santa Cruz
    Undone Speedy
    San Martin "Radiomir"

Get her whatever makes her smile. She's wearing it, not you.

"He's just a witness"

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

You'd better just buy the MK. At least I did and she's still perfectly happy about it (bought it over a year ago). They just don't care the same way. And sometimes I hope I wouldn't. If I could find a watch I like for that small amount of money, and just use that one watch, I'd sure have more cash for something more "reasonable"

Why don't you tell her more about watches and see if her tastes change?

My wife initially wanted a quartz watch but she's now very happy with her Orion 33. The only loser here was my wallet...

Lucky (ish) for me, she doesn't care for MK or any of the other dime-a-dozen fashion brands. The "ish" part comes in because she currently has a Cartier Basculante, and doesn't really want another unless it's another Cartier, or Vacheron ;)

At your own risk, say Cartier and really see her "light up"! :p
    Aleric likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information