A question about Daniel Wellington?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A question about Daniel Wellington?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A question about Daniel Wellington?

I'm just sick of this, I'm trying to buy a gift for my girlfriend, it's actually a watch by Daniel Wellington. The problem is that their website seems to have a payment problem with my country. So I was searching for alternative choice to get this watch, and I ended up in Jomashop, Discountwatchstore and Amazon. So I was wondering have anyone tried the first two websites before and was original (not fake)? Is it normal that some websites offer watches with a lower price than the original producer company? because I have found one that is 70-80$ while it's 120$ in DW site, which makes me doubt they're original.

Re: A question about Daniel Wellington?

I doubt you'll find much love for DW here.. but Jomashop is legit although it's technically grey market hence the cheaper price.
    ZAK

Ditto for Amazon. But only for watches sold by Amazon.
    I think the love for DW is a bit higher in the affordables forum f71, DW are socalled "fashion watches" why not take a look at Seiko 5 series? I see nowadays a lot of DW on wrists of younger crowd(late teens)
    dsquared24 likes this.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Gràcies and R.I.P Johan.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Welcome newbie.

First of all please do not flood the Watchuseek fora with your question over and over again. Deleted the other identical posts and moved this post to the right forum.

Nobody is going to fake a DW since the production costs of a fake would most likeley be the same. The online dealers you mentioned have a good/excellent reputation (jomashop being a bit of hit or miss). Do a forum search and you are in the know.

Regarding the price differences you noticed please educate yourself what the difference between a gray market dealer and an AD is, read about the pros and cons.

There are a lot of threads on DW here on our Fashion Watches Forum. Might be helpful to flick through prior to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; January 14th, 2016 at 11:13.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Excuse my ignorance, but what's 'grey market'?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielWellington View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what's 'grey market'?
    What about doing a search ? Wikipedia would be an excellent source to start with.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Buying a DW gift from Jomashop

I want to buy a Daniel Wellington watch from Jomashop because I'm having problems with DW site, do you recommend that? Is there something else other than warranty that I should consider when buying from Jomashop?

Re: Buying a DW gift from Jomashop

Two threads merged.
    You have not done a search here on WUS, have you ?!? Jomashop is a recurring issue here on WUS. All you want to know is already available, ad extenso so to say.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; January 12th, 2016 at 19:52.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Welcome newbie.

First of all please do not flood the Watchuseek fora with your question over and over again. Deleted the other identical posts and moved this post to the right forum.

Nobody is going to fake a DW since the production costs of a fake would most likeley be the same. The online dealers you mentioned have a good/excellent reputation (jomashop being a bit of hit or miss). Do a forum search and you are in the know.

Regarding the price differences you noticed please educate yourself what the difference between a gray market dealer and an AD is, read about the pros and cons.

There are a lot of threads on DW here on our Fashion Watches Forum. Might be helpful to flick through prior to pull the trigger.
    I am sorry, but you are dead wrong. There are TONS of fake Daniel Wellington clones available on the web. Some are obvious forgeries with shorter hands and "similar" thin cases. Others look pretty real. Most just use the DW official pictures, and then the ship whatever is close.

The Braithwait thin watch (A WUS advertiser) is similar in style, and has much better specs than DW watches. (100M WR, sapphire crystal).
    dsquared24 and Relo60 like this.

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Re: Buying a DW gift from Jomashop

Quote Originally Posted by DanielWellington View Post
    I want to buy a Daniel Wellington watch from Jomashop because I'm having problems with DW site, do you recommend that? Is there something else other than warranty that I should consider when buying from Jomashop?
    As someone wrote, Jomashop doesn't have great reputation here, but I've never heard of them selling fakes, just gray market models that aren't warrantied in the US. BTW - Amazon has them for similar pricing to Jomashop.

I have suggestions for two or three other, ultra-thin watch options to the Daniel Wellington watches:

The Brathwait thin watch (A WUS advertiser) is similar in style, and has much better specs than DW watches. (100M WR, sapphire crystal). $150 on NATO/$185 on leather

And a much cheaper option would be the DOM (Hong Kong brand) G-31 (ladies version of the M-31) $13.20 on Ali Express It's more of a NOMOS homage / Bauhaus style. While only 30M WR, it does have a sapphire crystal.

There is also a DOM M259 series, 200M WR and sapphire. Under $50 on Ali Express.com.

Last edited by HoustonReal; January 20th, 2016 at 05:32.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information