darn internet - double post
    phillyforager likes this.
    It's not a matter of mercy
    It's not a matter of laws
    Plenty of people will kill you
    For some fanatical cause
    - Rush

C-3PO: "Is there anything I might do, sir?"
    Luke: "Not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock."

Re: Shinola fashion or not?

All of them are “fashion” watches. After all if we don’t like the looks, we don’t buy it. Doesn’t matter what or how well it might be made, if We don’t like looking at a watch, we pass right over it. There are many choices that make up the spectrum of watch selection. No single definition does any justice to the concept of what makes a watch belong in this category or that.

I have several Shinola. Very solid, reliable watches. Too pricey for me new, but excellent on the used market.
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

Michael kors is a fashion watch. Shinola is not IMO. My Shinola Brakewell (or whatever it's called) is EXCELLENT quality, with great attention to detail, and the smoothest crown I've ever felt (better than $4k-5k watches I've felt). Yes it's quartz, and I like that. As my weekend watch, it's grab and go. I can walk into my local Shinola store and have a battery replaced for free, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This pic is from a week ago. I am really happy with the quality of the watch. A lot of people may not like the brand but if you find one of their watches that you like, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MaDTempo View Post
    According to Merriam Webster: fashion (n.) = the prevailing style (as in dress) during a particular time.

So, I guess it's important to define the "particular time." Wrist watches are the "fashion" of most of the 20th and, for a segment of the population, 21st centuries thus making all watches "fashionable" relative to, say, the time of the Pharaohs.

In the WIS vernacular: fashion (adj.) = describing a watch that is either quartz, cheaply made, gaudy, non-Swiss or non-Japanese, of heritage <20 years or some combination thereof

Therefore, I would estimate that Shinola is living in a quantum dimension between fashion (Invicta/Stuhrling) and entry level luxury (Oris, Hamilton, TAG).

Of course, this is all relative so I'm going to look for patent clerk jobs.

I had them in somewhat the same category but after grabbing two of their automatic divers recently I can confidently say that they are better than the Oris and Hamilton that I own. I'd probably put them on par with TAG if I had to select one of the three that you listed.

The downside: they only have essentially two different automatic models.

Cheers

I bought one of their watches on sale. I returned it because I just wasn't happy with that particular color combination, but it felt like a well built piece. Especially for a quartz piece. It had a significant heft and felt really nice on the wrist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information