Skagen SKW6017 Mineral Crystal Scratches?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slowcheetah

Thread: Skagen SKW6017 Mineral Crystal Scratches?

Question Skagen SKW6017 Mineral Crystal Scratches?

Does anyone have a Skagen SKW6017? I believe it has a mineral crystal window (Hardness of 6 - 7) ... If you have one, how long have you used it and how scratched is the glass?

Thanks!
    Slava
    CASIO GW-M5610-1 & PULSAR PQ2011

Re: Skagen SKW6017 Mineral Crystal Scratches?

This is the watch, for anyone who hasn't memorized Skagen product codes
    Name:  Skagen.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  4.3 KB
    It would be kind of random if anyone here had this exact watch. But, if you're worried about scratching, you should try to find something with a sapphire crystal. I personally have another Skagen and several Seikos with mineral crystal, and I've never scratched any of them. If you find that you often scratch watch crystals, though, then a Skagen is unlikely to be any tougher than the watches you're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    This is the watch, for anyone who hasn't memorized Skagen product codes
    Name:  Skagen.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  4.3 KB
    It would be kind of random if anyone here had this exact watch. But, if you're worried about scratching, you should try to find something with a sapphire crystal. I personally have another Skagen and several Seikos with mineral crystal, and I've never scratched any of them. If you find that you often scratch watch crystals, though, then a Skagen is unlikely to be any tougher than the watches you're used to.

Thanks! How long have you had your mineral crystal watches for?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Rostislav Persion View Post
    Thanks! How long have you had your mineral crystal watches for?
    How careful you are with them is probably more important than time...you'll want to be avoiding knocking into walls and door frames...
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

* Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    * Casio Oceanus
    * Omega Constellation Gold
    * Omega Gold
    * Rotary Silver
    * Seiko Premier
    * Tag Heuer Aquaracer blue

Quote Originally Posted by paulopiper View Post
    How careful you are with them is probably more important than time...you'll want to be avoiding knocking into walls and door frames...
    I got a gshock gw-m5610-1 and i find myself bumping into door frames pretty often.... i will try to wear my skagen only to formal events... If they made a sapphire one for $50 more, I would pay that.. maybe even $100 more...

I got a gshock gw-m5610-1 and i find myself bumping into door frames pretty often.... i will try to wear my skagen only to formal events... If they made a sapphire one for $50 more, I would pay that.. maybe even $100 more...
    I've had my watches for years, but because I have several watches they've probably got about four total months of wear each. But, still, no scratches on any of them, so it's certainly possible to wear a mineral watch without scratching it.

So, if you'd pay up to $100 more, that means your budget is actually $200-ish? I'm not sure it's possible to get sapphire in that range, at least on a similar watch. It might be worth poking around Amazon or the usual grey-market sites to see if you can find anything, though.

Oh, actually, for $270 (presumably well over your budget, though), Jomashop has a quartz Movado Museum watch. That's a good price, I think, and the watch has a similar look, a better brand name, and a sapphire crystal. But still, a Skagen will be slim, attractive, and reasonably well-made, and much cheaper, so unless you're really prone to scratching crystals you'd probably be fine with it.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Thread moved.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

The problem you will have with mineral crystal is, you can look after it very well but all it takes is one good knock and it can cause a bad scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rostislav Persion View Post
    If you are fond of the Danish design of Skagen watches, but long for a sapphire crystal, I suggest you checkout Bering (if you haven't heard of them already.) A similarly designed Danish watch but all of their models are fitted with sapphire crystal! :)
    Mediocre likes this.

Thread Information