Tokyo Flash / Kisai watches
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tokyo Flash / Kisai watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tokyo Flash / Kisai watches

Has anyone tried these interesting looking LED 7 LCD watches ?

Did a search but couldnt find any threads ? Strong Science Fiction design in these fashion watches ?

http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/1/

Re: Tokyo Flash / Kisai watches

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbles View Post
    Has anyone tried these interesting looking LED 7 LCD watches ?

Did a search but couldnt find any threads ? Strong Science Fiction design in these fashion watches ?

http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/1/
    I only recently discovered these interesting watches which take truly electronic timepieces into the future. I have just ordered their radar watch, but I was tempted by the geomesh and the C version gun metal watches.
    Name:  radar-led-watch-tokyoflash-japan-how-to-read-the-time-flashing-mode.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  363.4 KB
    Name:  radar-led-watch-tokyoflash-japan-how-to-read-the-time-turning-mode.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  358.8 KB
    Name:  geomesh watch manual.jpg
Size:  52.7 KB
    Name:  twelve-5-9-c-version-gunmetal-watches-tokyoflash-japan-228x228.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  56.0 KB
    Name:  c-version-gunmetal-led-watches-1000x450.jpg
Size:  458.2 KB
    Last edited by seadial; December 6th, 2018 at 23:46. Reason: add another image
    Orangez likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by seadial View Post
    I only recently discovered these interesting watches which take truly electronic timepieces into the future. I have just ordered their radar watch, but I was tempted by the geomesh and the C version gun metal watches.
    Name:  radar-led-watch-tokyoflash-japan-how-to-read-the-time-flashing-mode.jpg
Size:  363.4 KB
    Name:  radar-led-watch-tokyoflash-japan-how-to-read-the-time-turning-mode.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  358.8 KB
    Name:  geomesh watch manual.jpg
Size:  52.7 KB
    Name:  twelve-5-9-c-version-gunmetal-watches-tokyoflash-japan-228x228.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  56.0 KB
    Name:  c-version-gunmetal-led-watches-1000x450.jpg
Size:  458.2 KB
    The radar one is pretty funky...I'm more into the Train Line LCD they have! And lol at the shower watch...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I decided to also buy the geomesh watch as I noticed some options in terms of case and led colors have already sold out, so thought that I had better get one (silver case and blue leds) before they were all gone. The geomesh watch should be easy enough to read as it uses hours (12 leds), 5 minute multiple blocks (12 leds) and minutes 1 to 4 (4 leds) which give you any time reading to the nearest minute using a 4 x 4 led matrix. Only a 12 hour watch as pm and am should be obvious without needing the watch to show it. However the low cost Chinese watch seen below uses an extra led to indicate am or pm which is somewhat similar in conceptual layout to the C version watch from Tokyo Flash, but is not as stylish as the latter in my opinion.
    Name:  s-l1600 (38).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  99.7 KB
    Name:  GEOMESH watch read.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  270.8 KB
    Name:  geomesh-led-watches-tokyoflash-japan-1000x450.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  278.0 KB
    Last edited by seadial; December 12th, 2018 at 22:34.

That was quick, both the radar and geomesh “Tokyo Flash” watches arrived today, they were ordered from Japan on the 8th. Beautifully packed in double boxes, a stout cardboard shipping box outer and a swish silver and black presentation box inside that looks very stylish, just like the watches themselves.
    Name:  geomesh watch multi leds.jpg
Size:  98.3 KBName:  geomesh watch blue leds.jpg
Size:  97.6 KB
    Last edited by seadial; December 12th, 2018 at 22:41.

This watch is their TRON watch, but not promoted as such on their product listing page https://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/kisai-seven
    I loved that movie and the sequel, mainly for the vision rather than the plot and the TRON watch captures the look perfectly.
    Name:  Tron seven_banner-1000x450.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  135.2 KB
    Name:  Tron watch.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  123.2 KB

The TRON (7 led) watch arrived today. Only white led and blue led versions of the TRON watch are remaining as the red led version has already sold out. I decided on the blue as the first movie has that electric blue look whereas in the sequel there was the dazzling white "piping". A tour de force of creating a believable and yet completely imaginary landscape.

Los Angeles county, California, United States of America

The blue and white LED versions of the Kisai Seven are the "standard" edition colors. Red was a limited edition version only available for about a year and a half starting around February 2014. There were also two ultra-limited LED colors with just 10 watches made in each color, given away as contest prizes in summer through early autumn of 2013 (yellow, and green). My web searches have not revealed any subsequent photos or info about the ultra-limited color watches or their owners.

I have the red and the blue versions, and I like them. But-

Warning to anyone seeking the Kisai Seven: if you have large wrists you might find it uncomfortable or unwearable. Tokyoflash advertises them as fitting from 100 - 210 mm wrist circumference (about 4 in. - 8 1/4 in.), but there's another restriction that they don't mention. Because the case has bends that go around the sides of the wrist, and there's only about 2 1/4 inches between the two sides, if you have a wrist wider than that, it won't fit well. My wrist is only 7 1/4 in. around, but 2 1/2 in. wide in its natural state. I can wear the watches for a while but they start to get uncomfortable after a few hours because of the side-to-side squeeze. I have seen posts and eBay listings by other owners who sold theirs because they simply couldn't wear them.

Here's the blog post of the original design, that got so much attention they decided to produce it:
    Tron-inspired LED Watch
    Last edited by A.J. Franzman; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:14.

I've been eyeing these for over a decade ever since first reading bout them in an in-flight magazine. Never took the plunge though, never seen an actual wrist shot either. Yet they still intrigue me.
    Autobiographically: Seiko SCVS013 'Blue Spark' / Shinola Runwell Contrast Chrono / Brathwait Classic Slim / Citizen BJ7010 'Nighthawk' APAC / Orient Ray 1 blue / Citizen NY0040-09W / Citizen NY0040-09EE / Orient Ray 1 orange / Steinhart OVM 1 / Raketa PerpCal / Ventus Mori M-1B / Ginault Ocean-Rover / C. Ward C60 Trident Pro 38 / Seiko SARB17 Alpinist / Borealis Seafarer II / Seiko 'Spork007' / Seiko SRPC25 / Omega 2402-1 / Actua vintage chrono / Lüm-TEC Combat B19 Bronze / Damasko ​DA46 / Tisell Hulk / Seiko ​SRPC44

Lost in transit: Orient ​Ray II black, Tisell 'Hulk' Marine Diver

Parted with: Deep Blue NATO Divers , Steinhart ​OVM 2, Invicta 8926, Seiko SKX007 dress watch mod, Seiko SNZH57, Tisell Blue Marine Diver, Seagull 1963 reissue, Seiko New Blumo, Seiko SKX013, Stowa 17 rubis antichoc, Deep Blue Master 1000, Seiko SSC673 Limited Edition Prospex, Seiko SKX009K

Los Angeles county, California, United States of America

Dunzdeck, I think one of us is confused. The Kisai Seven hasn't even existed for "over a decade". The concept design was first published in October of 2010, less than 9 years ago. It took about a year from then, before the product was released for sale. Maybe you're referring to one of the other designs posted above? If so, you might tell us which one.

Actual wrist shots of the Kisai Seven:

Name:  Seven-Tokyoflash01.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  28.9 KB
    This seems to be a very small person.

Name:  Seven-eBay.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  8.3 KB
    This looks like someone with wrists like mine, who can just barely wear it.

Name:  Seven-Tokyoflash02.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  Seven-Tokyoflash03.jpg
Size:  102.4 KB
    If this one seems familiar, it appears in post #6 above also.

Name:  Seven-Imgur.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  422.4 KB

Name:  Seven-Twitter.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  150.1 KB

Name:  Seven-YouTube.jpg
Size:  62.3 KB
    Last edited by A.J. Franzman; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:13.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information