Vestal USS Observer Chrono, anyone?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AmbuBadger

Thread: Vestal USS Observer Chrono, anyone?

Vestal USS Observer Chrono, anyone?

Well, I never thought I'd buy a large-faced fashion watch, but this one caught my eye for some strange reason and $140 later (score!) she was mine. I took off the original band, replaced it with a grooved 24mm tapered silicon band off eBay, and swapped out the silver clasp for a black PVD on (eBay as well). Figured I'd post some pics since I couldn't find anything online other than adverts for the company.The case back is interesting, only has the hatch for a button cell battery. No idea what movement is in there, but the seconds and minutes are kept by the subdials. I'm right-handed but wear left, so having the controls on the 9 o'clock side helps. The watch has a screw-down canteen crown and the glass is about 42mm in diameter-- it's recessed below the bezel, but slightly convex. They had a few other colors too, including a nice stainless & black combo that was my first choice, but couldn't be had on the cheap like this one. One thing to note, all the pics of the black version show blacked-out date numerals. Vestal told me that there were too many complaints about this, so they changed it to white (like mine. Customer service with them is excellent, I sent my original one back because of the blacked out date issue, and they sent this replacement without any problems or questions asked. We'll see how she holds up to the rigors of my job and daily life, hopefully not as fragile as some of the newer Nixons I've been hearing complaints about! Pics below, my wrist is ~7.25".
    Name:  VstObsCo1.JPG
Views: 2382
Size:  167.6 KBName:  VstObsCo2.JPG
Views: 1872
Size:  122.4 KBName:  VstObsCo3.JPG
Views: 3321
Size:  104.8 KB
    Aleric likes this.
    "Blood goes in & out, air goes `round & `round; any variation is a bad thing."

Hey, i also have a vestel observer and was wondering how were you able to switch the watch strap. I was was able to use a hex tool to take the band and attachment off but i am not able to take the actual attachment off the band. Anything you could tell me would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mickey21; January 7th, 2015 at 13:57.

Thread Information