Watch without hour and minute dials, only analog hands

Thread: Watch without hour and minute dials, only analog hands

Watch without hour and minute dials, only analog hands

I've been curious to ask this question and I don't know if this is the proper location to post. I don't know the proper name of these watches (if there is one), but I'm talking about the watches that have no hour dials and only have analog hands. So when you look at the watch all you see is the analog hands and I assume you are always estimating the time and are probably off by minutes every time.

Questions:

1) Any pros to this type of watch? I can think of :
    -fashionable (to some people at least)
    -you are never overly concerned about the exact time but do have a general idea

2) Any cons? I can think of:
    -You might find yourself in a situation where you need a somewhat exact time (not exact time like a digital, but exact time just like a regular analog watch)
    -expensive?

Re: Watch without hour and minute dials, only analog hands

I think it might just be more of a fashion kind of watch because watches in theory are meant to tell time so if there are in numbers how can u tell it? I agree with you that the time u estimate might be off by minutes. Right now the brand I'm thinking of that makes these is movado. I would expect them to be about 20 to 50 bucks cause it's really pointless to own one but movados are around 700 bucks for one. I know some people that like them because it looks classy or stylish to them. But in my point of view they are worthless because I would like a watch both stylish and that I can actually tell the time with no problems.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Movado Museum watches are made like that. Reading in a glance might be difficult. So more fashion than toolish.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Worthless is a very subjective term. I can tell the time on my Movado just fine, and it is truly a handcrafted beauty. I own a chronograph and have never used it to do 1/10th of a second timing. So in reality, its WORTHLESS to me, yet it is a $3000 timepiece!

Buy what you like and embrace the fact that there are endless choices when it comes to watches. I have several different styles and brands. From dive to dress. A good friend of mine only purchases Dive watches. Except for the brand name, they all basically look alike. He loves them. I think its a waste of money.

And to the OP's 2nd question, I own an Omega Planet Ocean with the 8500 in house automatic movement and honestly, my $700 Citizen AT chrono is far more accurate. If you plan on running a railroad, then that's the watch to own.......otherwise, buy what you like to look at and don't worry, my Movado is as accurate as needed for the daily rigors of human existence
    Last edited by kimjmoon; December 15th, 2013 at 16:32.
    The day my ship comes in, I'll probably be at the airport

definetly as stated above Movado are not toolish watch it is more of a stylish and graceful watch.

Thread Information