What do you think about CURREN watches? - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What do you think about CURREN watches?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: What do you think about CURREN watches?

Good watches .I bought a square "gold " one as it`s in a 50s Gubelin style. I have a Gubelin clock so it is a distant relative .The Watch has lost half a second in the last month compared with the Atomic Time. Pretty good if you want to know the time.

Appreciate if someone who owns a curren can leave a couple of pics on the thread Never heard of it want to check them out.

John111 Google Curren watches --Images. They make masses of different designs . They shoot themselves in the foot by making some watches with imitation dials inset in the face. That is just silly. A big black mark for that . Make sure all the dials work .They do tell you when they are just for appearance. People will laugh at you for that .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Curren watches should be used as a start up watch since they are cheap for every day use that even if it breaks you won't feel bad.

Here are pics with two Currens. I ordered them online on a whim for about 4,5 € apiece, got both black and white to meet minimum order requirement. Date dial is prop on these ones, it's just for the show but of course I only learned this after receiving the watch. On black it's more discreet, I can live with that. Watches do feel nice and heavy, not sure about the longevity. They're fairly accurate so far, it's been a month and they haven't lost or gained a minute yet, I haven't checked the seconds.
    The reason I bought them in the first place was to try on a black watch which I've never had before. I kind of like the black one, probably going to sell the white one on flea market for 5 € and make 50 cents profit or something.
    Name:  curren-black-small.jpg
Views: 9272
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  curren-white-small.jpg
Views: 8991
Size:  60.6 KB

The Square Curren watch in a gold colour has gold markers and gold hands. It`s very similar to the Gubelin 50 s watch but it was hard to tell the time unless I was in good light. I used some red lacquer paint and a very thin needle to paint the hands red , same colour as the second hand. It`s perfect now. I can prop it up 15 feet away and still read the time. The colour matches very well . I had to struggle to get at the hands as I don`t know the trick to take out the works . The date works too . A very accurate watch .

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

What would "accurate" mean in terms of sec/24hrs or per month, year please ?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Old thread, but I just bought some of them. Again

I once had the funny idea to order several super cheap watches from a retailer. One was a current. I kinda liked it. Looked nice and comfy. Also seems more or lees accurate.
    I how ever give it a friends who never wore a watch and wanted to get used to them.

Now I orderd some more of their model 8182A
    Name:  sku_379056_2.jpg
Views: 4938
Size:  67.0 KB

You might notice the detail.
    And if you are a group of 7 doing the watch "the same way" this might be fun to go out like this.

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

I have one Curren, and it's garbage. Bad finish overall. The crown's finish was destroyed after 2 days. The crown is copper, so it looks OK if it's freshly polished. There are tool marks where the "alloy"(zinc?) case was taken out of the casting. They just sprayed the finish over the rough scrapes between the lugs. Did I mention there's no lume, at all?

It keeps time OK because it's quartz, but these are 1 month disposable watches. They make Q&Q watches look good. Also, most of the Curren watches feature fake subdials that do nothing.

I bought mine for $4.25, and I regret wasting the money.

The Dream
    Name:  Curren Q4203-1b.JPG
Views: 3832
Size:  48.8 KB

The Reality The watch is less than 2 weeks old.
    Name:  casting2.jpg
Views: 3843
Size:  301.5 KBName:  crown.jpg
Views: 3820
Size:  505.8 KB
    Last edited by HoustonReal; July 25th, 2015 at 10:05.

I got some more and I still think it OK.
    Its a perfect watch for those who want to start wearing one again and don't want to spend too much money.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information