What do you think about CURREN watches? - Page 4
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What do you think about CURREN watches?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: What do you think about CURREN watches?

I have never been a watch guy, checking my phone was a way to go, but not so long ago I felt a temptation to get one, I saw a thread about budget watches and this one catched my eye, this is my daily driver, so it already has a little scratch on the glass cover, although I tried to wear it carefully. Now I can't imagine being without a watch it feels convenient to check time and date in an instant, also I really like it as a accessory so it is a win win for me. By the way, originally it came with blue-red-white strap, but the one in budged guide had similar strap to mine, it looked more anesthetic for me and I decided to change it out to a blue-white one.
    Name:  46.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  663.2 KB
    A fan of designer watches

Poor quality. Paint is chipping after one use. Band broke after wearing 3 days. Terrible Chinese product. Don't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by nh_777 View Post
    I bought a Curren watch for no other reason than because I have one suit that none of my other watches really went with properly. So I bought a Curren from a certain Chinese website for under $10 which matches the suit perfectly.

It is definitely better than you would expect for the price - I doubt anyone would peg it for a $9 watch when I wear it with my suit. But that said it is not going to fool anyone who looks at it closely. The prime irritant for me is the lack of precision with the crystal... something about it just looks off. Even the cheapest Seiko has an absolutely precision-engineered crystal but the Curren doesn't have that.

But for the money, Curren certainly isn't a bad purchase. If it lasts two years with infrequent use (maybe 1x a week max) I'd say that I got my money's worth.
    Question is... Why are you wearing a $9 watch with your suit?
    One SARB To Rule Them All...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are not good quality watches although they look good

I Purchased 2 Curren Watches, just because they were so cheap. In the harsh Australian conditions they are okay, however they eventually end up looking pretty ordinary with scratches and paint peeling off. The thing about Curren watches are that they are Chinese, and as with most things from this country they are poorly made, with poor workmanship and poor quality materials. But then these guys are not in it because they love horology and want to build quality lasting watch mechanisms that will leave a legacy in the world of horology, they are in it to make a quick buck from you. Their legacy will be the fact they end up in landfill and unlikely to breakdown for hundreds of centuries.

I have the Exactor Ocean & Blue Steel because the design looked reasonable. I wear these everywhere I would never wear my real quality watches of which some are over 110 years old. I don't really care if they look cheap, as they contain a quartz mechanism they are going to tell time relatively accurately for a reasonable length of time. So to answer your question;

If you want these watches to show off to people that you have a wonderful horological time piece strapped on your wrist, then do not buy these watches. You will look silly and most people with a reasonable knowledge of horology will simply laugh at you.
    If you want these watches to tell accurate time then they will do the job, but be prepared for the look of the watch to deteriorate quickly.
    If you want these watches to stand the test of time shake yourself into some reality, they will contribute to landfill and the reminisce of these cheap Chinese concoctions will be discovered by the next life form to habitat our planet, long after we have died of our own doing.
    If you want these watches for any other reason, like a wheel stop for your sons bike then for $40Au they'll do the job for a very very long time.

Hope this helps you, a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomdust View Post
    I Purchased 2 Curren Watches, just because they were so cheap. In the harsh Australian conditions they are okay, however they eventually end up looking pretty ordinary with scratches and paint peeling off. The thing about Curren watches are that they are Chinese, and as with most things from this country they are poorly made, with poor workmanship and poor quality materials. But then these guys are not in it because they love horology and want to build quality lasting watch mechanisms that will leave a legacy in the world of horology, they are in it to make a quick buck from you. Their legacy will be the fact they end up in landfill and unlikely to breakdown for hundreds of centuries.

I have the Exactor Ocean & Blue Steel because the design looked reasonable. I wear these everywhere I would never wear my real quality watches of which some are over 110 years old. I don't really care if they look cheap, as they contain a quartz mechanism they are going to tell time relatively accurately for a reasonable length of time. So to answer your question;

If you want these watches to show off to people that you have a wonderful horological time piece strapped on your wrist, then do not buy these watches. You will look silly and most people with a reasonable knowledge of horology will simply laugh at you.
    If you want these watches to tell accurate time then they will do the job, but be prepared for the look of the watch to deteriorate quickly.
    If you want these watches to stand the test of time shake yourself into some reality, they will contribute to landfill and the reminisce of these cheap Chinese concoctions will be discovered by the next life form to habitat our planet, long after we have died of our own doing.
    If you want these watches for any other reason, like a wheel stop for your sons bike then for $40Au they'll do the job for a very very long time.

Hope this helps you, a little bit.
    UPDATE (22 March 2019): I have been tracking the time of this watch and so far over 5 days it has not lost any time, although I am doing this by eye. Here is the image of the watch that I have had for over 5 months.

Name:  57474945411__6F89B750-E1AC-440F-9C5F-F5F6D5CACD35.JPG.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  1.09 MBName:  Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 11.00.05 am.png
Views: 62
Size:  1.45 MBName:  57474947052__4DF8354C-7597-4959-B77B-4F082C6CAC16.JPG.jpeg
Views: 63
Size:  1.22 MB
    pedrorq likes this.

I just bought 2 CURREN watches, the 'Military Chrome'[M:8020] and the 'Pioneer Thesis'[M:8217]. They are not bad $20-30 level budget watches. The scam in my opinion is the promotional ads by the CURREN Store that appear regularly when I visit many web sites and that claim that these CURREN watches are $250-$350 watches (or whatever) but if you buy one or more now you get a 90% discount; that is BS. On most of the watches the cute dials and so on on the face are decorative, although the 'Pioneer Thesis' does have a real calendar date. When there are 'buttons' above and below the 'crown' (the part you pull out to set the time) they are fake.
    You can buy equivalent watches (and probably for less) at places like Walmart and you won't have to wait 2 months or more for them to be delivered to you.
    I cannot comment yet on how they will last and stand up over time and wear. I do note that they have pop-off backs (to access the battery for replacement).

They look like bargain discount mall watches. Buy a Citizen or a Seiko 5 instead.

Apparently I bought curren watch with metal strap. I cant resize it. Holes look like they are soldered. DAE have the same problem? Ill update my post later with photos.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information