What do you think about Hugo Boss and Nixon watches??
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What do you think about Hugo Boss and Nixon watches??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tgs

What do you think about Hugo Boss and Nixon watches??

I am wanting to buy a Hugo Boss Grand prix or a Nixon Sentry Chrono what do you think is the better choice??

Re: What do you think about Hugo Boss and Nixon watches??

I like Nixon, especially some of the older ones I've found at great prices, second hand.
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

I have a Nixon sentry picked up for maybe 5 bucks at most at a thrift shop.It's big and it uses a #377 battery.I wish they had used a battery which lasted longer than a year.Do you need to time stuff?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i think they are totaly overpriced,cheap chinese watches...
    for those bucks you can buy a real watch - seiko, orient, citizen...etc and etc..

boss in watches is not boss in clothing, just opposite..

I have 3 Nixon's. Black/white Time Teller. All white Time Teller and a black Rover . I wear them when I stand up paddle.

At full retail, I would have a hard time justifying buying a Nixon. But you can find some amazing deals for their older models or ones that have weird straps or dials. Often a simple strap change will let you cut the cost to well under $100. In that price range I think they're hard to beat. They almost always have a 100m water resistance, which puts them way above most cheap Chinese watches, and even most Timexes. I picked this one up brand new on ebay for $26 bucks awhile back and really like it. It was an older model, with an interesting dial design that apparently didn't sell well. But at that price they sold out fast and now are listing for much higher.

I'm not Nixon's target market, but I own a Ranger with a countdown bezel, and I find the c-down bezel incredibly useful. I think Nixon is one of the few affordable watches to offer a quality countdown bezel. It dials CCW only and has half-minute increments.

So I find myself wearing the Nixon more often than I'd expect--whenever I need to time something...student speeches, my own presentations, the meal I'm cooking, the time the epoxy needs to dry, when I need to be at the train station...on and on.

Paid $60 for mine, new. Similar to Drobyo's above ^ only with a c-down bezel.

I once owned a Nixon 51-30 (pre-wis) and surprisingly the quality was better than my orange monster.

Bracelet had less slope, bezel was tighter and slightly better finished.

As others have mentioned, don't pay full retail for one.

Tissot ​ Seiko

I was a snowboarder long before I got into watches so I have a couple of Nixon's in my collection. The one on the left ('Player' - terrible name I know) was the first watch I bought myself when I was much younger. I loved the 'wood grain' dial so much that I bought it again when it was stolen off me. It has sentimental value and loads of memories. The one on the right ('mayor') is also precious as it was my wife's wedding present to me . While they don't get a lot of wrist time I still enjoy wearing them from time to time and their value to me is far beyond their monetary price tag or their internal workings.

I know fashion watches get a bad wrap here but the build quality of these are actually quite good. The bracelets are far superior to my Seiko 5 SNZH53 (which was swapped out immediately). In fact, they are the only bracelet watches I have at the moment so I enjoy their heft as a change.

That said the Seiko Snzh53 is a far better watch for any watch lover and can be had for about the same money.

I still find myself admiring some of Nixon's designs, though many are garish and most are derivative. If you find a style you like and can get past the fact that the internal is basically empty with a tiny (and no doubt cheap) quartz movement, then I think they can be a surprisingly enjoyable part of an affordable watch collection.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    letmein likes this.

I like hugo Boss Hugo Boss Grand Prix Chronograph Watch 1513474 looking elegant with Black Ion-plated Steel Case material

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information