Conquest 300M Auto Thoughts?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Unce_Turbo_997

Thread: Conquest 300M Auto Thoughts?

Conquest 300M Auto Thoughts?

Iím taking a break from divers and looking for a watch that falls in the GADA range. The Conquest 300M 41m auto has caught my eye but Iíve found few reviews and pics. Hoping there are some owners out there that can offer their thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Conquest 300M Auto Thoughts?

I do not own one, but my opinion is "ehhh." It's a very forgettable looking watch, something that you will wear as a tool to tell time rather than wear to enjoy. I would either save up and reach for a pre-owned Omega Aqua Terra, look at other brands, or look at other options from Longines.
    Pneuma likes this.
    Rolex Submariner 114060, Cartier Tank (wife), Universal Geneve Super Microtor, David Yurman Belmont Automatic, G-Shock DW5600E-1V

I can see Uncle Turbo's point, but all those GADA watches are like that in some regard. Personally, I've flirted with the 39mm version several times. I think it's a great GADA, dressy enough for those situations, but also basic enough to be worn at the beach/play. Mr.Cairo wrote a great post about the 39mm version a few years ago.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/ot...topics/3354522

In the Longines favor, it's cheaper, it uses a readily available movement that will be easily serviced, it's solid as a rock, and looks good to me. I owned the AT, and while it's a beauty and a great watch, it's thick, it's more expensive, and the (beautiful) 8500(?) series movement will be expensive to service. If I was going to level up, I'd go ahead for the Rolex Explorer and be done. But I honestly think the Longines is a great option.

I've decided I don't want a GADA since then it would ruin my "reasons" for owning multiple watches. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just received my 39mm auto Conquest yesterday. Obviously still in the honeymoon phase but it's a great watch. The bracelet has polished center links and gives it a touch of bling without shouting it. The watch has more weight than I expected for the size but I like heft. Lume is fine and very legible on the black dial version. I considered the larger version but I read so many saying the styling makes it wear large. The 39 does feel more like a 41-42 compared to my other watches. The big face really pops. I'm quite happy that I finally got one of these. It's got an Explorer vibe but at a fraction of the price. Used can be had for even less. Go for it!

Thread Information