Longines Conquest...Where’s The Love
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Longines Conquest...Where’s The Love

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Longines Conquest...Where’s The Love

The Longines Conquest looks and sounds like the ultimate GADA to me. 300m wr, sporty design, extremely legible, dresses up or down, beautifully polished bracelet, great history, screw down crown, sapphire, comes in multiple sizes, and on the list could go. But you never hear it suggested or even mentioned ever.
    I own a Conquest VHP and while I think it is a good watch, the auto Conquest definitely is the better looking watch and has specs more associated with a sports model, but I only really hear about the VHP. I’m curious, why do you think the auto Conquest, which is clearly the better sports watch in my opinion, gets very little attention or love? They definitely have made more of an effort to market the VHP, especially with the GMT release, but either way, I still felt like WIS would appreciate them a bit more, especially considering you can get them at pretty good prices on the gray market.
    Zzyzx and rfortson like this.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Re: Longines Conquest...Where’s The Love

Over at the 'Hour Angle'.

Great value at gray market prices. People pay more money for here-today-gone-tomorrow microbrands. Even though I prefer the new ceramic HydroConquest. Love the design of the hands on the HC models.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love the Conquest would really like to add a 50s or 60s one to my collection , just never been able to find a good one at a reasonable price. Always looking they are great value for alot of quality

I owned the Conquest GMT about 5 years ago and it is a really great wristwatch as well and easily could be a one watch for practically anyone. Then I got bit by the watch bug and have literally owned 50 plus since flipping it. I still have a Longines Legend Diver and admire the brand greatly. Would I trade my LLD for another Conquest? No, but if starting all over maybe I should have just kept the Conquest, been content and saved multiple thousands!
    MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Over at the 'Hour Angle'.
    Really? Meh, not for me.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Quote Originally Posted by Heljestrand View Post
    I owned the Conquest GMT about 5 years ago and it is a really great wristwatch as well and easily could be a one watch for practically anyone. Then I got bit by the watch bug and have literally owned 50 plus since flipping it. I still have a Longines Legend Diver and admire the brand greatly. Would I trade my LLD for another Conquest? No, but if starting all over maybe I should have just kept the Conquest, been content and saved multiple thousands!
    I think it is definitely one of those GADA watches that you could happily call your one watch for many years as long as you don't get sucked down the rabbit hole. But that is what is odd to me, it very rarely if ever gets mentioned on the million GADA or Find Me a Watch Below 1k lists that pop up daily.

Cool Re: Longines Conquest...Where’s The Love

Just may be the greatest "homage" of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jones82 View Post
    Really? Meh, not for me.

I had a black dialed 41mm auto a few years back, bought to fill the Aqua Terra/Explorer void. I ended up selling. After a few months I ultimately decided it just did not feel like a big step up in quality to me from my Hamilton field...

I ultimately regret that decision. It was a nice watch. I ended up getting a Ball Fireman Glory to play the same roll. I’m not sure if I like it better or worse, but I do like it so still in the collection. But I miss the Longines.

I think it’s a watch that with a few minor tweaks, could be the best value out there in that category. Longines seems to make some arbitrary, odd decisions throughout their lineup (30m WR on all non conquest sports watches?) and these aren’t immune. For many models they do not put lume on the handset, and on all they don’t lume the 12 or 6 indices. I searched far and wide to find one with lumed hands a few years ago. Then they released a new series that was 43mm, and had lumed hands...unless you want a silver or blue dial. Just very odd choices.

Also, the minute hand doesn’t get anywhere near the minute track , which maybe not an annoyance to everyone but is to me.

Longines is a few weird choices away from having 4 or 5 in my collection, alas I have only one. And even it, Heritage GMT Avigation, I barely ever wear due to irrational phobia of the 30m water resistance.
    wpbmike likes this.
    Wanted:
    Oris Big Crown Date Stealth Grey
    Longines Heritage Avigation GMT
    Zenith Pilot...not sure which yet.
    One of: Zenith Captain, IWC Portofino, JLC Master Control

Current:
    Seiko SRN049 Kinetic
    Bulova Dress Watch
    Hamilton Khaki Field 42mm
    Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date 46mm
    Oris Aquis Date 43mm
    Baume & Mercier Hampton

For me personally, I think they're just too large, especially with those large indices and already wide dial. The 39 mm version might work (I've never seen it in the wild), but it seems to be pretty rare.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information